Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Help me bench 225 in a week

Good post.

Sleep is very important, good point. Do no partying or drinking this week, or smoking, either.

And visualization can help a lot. Think your way through each little bit of the lift for at least a few times a day and a few reps per time. Visualize how it will feel trying it, down to the last detail, and SUCCEEDING at it. Burn this into your brain as best you can.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:40 PM

I am not really up to date on current weight lifting suplements but I am sure the people at GNC would help you out. Or just go straight creatine which will help you recover. (Which is what I have heard, I never used it before) So I would get some of that and just kill yourself today doing upper body. I guess it's possible, but you would have to work pretty [censored] hard.

Plus like everyone else said, scope out the weight room where bench-off will take place. Find the light weights and bars and such.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:42 PM

I think the time frame is too short to worry about supplements other than Pantera.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:43 PM

Bench shirt or elbow wraps. PCP or Meth or Coke. A pad under your back so it looks like you are still on the bench but you can really arch your back. Cheating as much as possible with regards to grining down plates/bars. You gotta get angry. You gotta get meeeeean. Grow a moustache (this has aided me greatly).
Old 04-28-2006, 02:53 PM

I workout a fair amount. You can do this if you've done it in teh past. It's easy to rebuild the muscle tissue that's already there.

But you WILL need to do a benchpress workout 5 of the next 7 days.

Supplements can get expensive- but it is for $200 AND pride, so buy NOX2 by Pinnacle and a Creatine based product- I like Phosphogen by EAS.

Both products are safe, and they do very well stacking together. You'll see the best gains using these, but you'll still need to workout hard for the week. The creatine will help with energy, and the NOX allows for quick muscle repair, allowing you to work out back to back days.

Google 'benchpress calculator', it says you'll need to be able to bench 185- 8 times in order to do 1 rep of 225, so you better get started!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:40 PM

Quids has given some spot on advice. The only thing i would change is that i soulw use creatine ethyl ester. Also, 100 mg of ephedrine about 40 minutes before the lift may help with it.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:27 PM

In have a 435lb unshirted MAX benchpress, so hopefully I will be the first one to actually give you helpfull advice instead of throw around dumb responces that wont help...

Things that WONT help in 1 week:
1) Suppliments of ANY kind. I use steroids and they wont even make you stronger in 1 week usually, even the faster acting strength steroids such as dianabol, winstrol, and anavar. Creatine wont saturate in your body for atleast a couple weeks and will not make you stronger in 1 week. NO2 is a complete crock of [censored], so dont even start there. Protein is the most usefull suppliment by far (maybe the only usefull legal suppliment) and it will take months to see real gains eating 300grams of protein a day. The botton line is that what you can bench now is what you can bench in a week, you will NOT be able to get your body stronger. My advice would be to lift mid-heavy weights JUST to get your body use to the motions again.

What WILL help you:
1) Correct form. Correct form. Correct form. Practice. Practice. Practice. Instead of having your elbows falired out 90 degrees, bring them in a little to add shoulder strenght along with your pec and tri strength.
2) Complex Carbs. Pasta. Potatoes. Whole Wheat Bread. eat tons of this [censored] up untill an hour before you lift.
3) Caffein. Have a redbull 30 minutes before your lift.
4) MP3 Player. You will be amazed how much stronger you can be if you have some badass hardcore music blaring in your ears. Its mental baby, pump yourself up.
5) Focus Grunts when you lift. This has an effect to increase your lift up to 8% studys shows. DONT BE A DOUCHE AND SCREAM! Keep to more like a focused hardf exhale/grunt as you power off your chest.
6) Proper warm up. warm up by doing 95lbsx10. 135lbs for 7. 175lbs for 3. 195x1. 225x1. Rest like 5 minutes between each warm up session. Make sure your muscles are warm and ready to lift.

Goodluck,
TIG
Old 04-28-2006, 06:29 PM

I would eat like a mofo and do an immediate chest workout and one in a few days. Complete rest otherwise.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I workout a fair amount. You can do this if you've done it in teh past. It's easy to rebuild the muscle tissue that's already there.

But you WILL need to do a benchpress workout 5 of the next 7 days.

Supplements can get expensive- but it is for $200 AND pride, so buy NOX2 by Pinnacle and a Creatine based product- I like Phosphogen by EAS.

Both products are safe, and they do very well stacking together. You'll see the best gains using these, but you'll still need to workout hard for the week. The creatine will help with energy, and the NOX allows for quick muscle repair, allowing you to work out back to back days.

Google 'benchpress calculator', it says you'll need to be able to bench 185- 8 times in order to do 1 rep of 225, so you better get started!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an absolute idiot.. Bench press 5x in the next 7 days?? Do you want him to get WEAKER? Muscle and strength are not built in the gym, it is built outside the gym while you rest. How can you body hit proper hypotrophy and reb uild the broken down muscle if you arent even giving it a chance to??

If you dont know what you are talking about, just dont [censored] respond.

TIG
Old 04-28-2006, 08:59 PM

Take a shot of Anadrol. It will make you a [censored] beast the first day. It's the roughest worst steroid for you. But it will get the job done.