Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Think value bet?

Do you have a result for this hand? because I bet you any money he didn't have the flush. Nicely played.

He had a pair is my guess. and VB is great here. I like this line all the way through.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:30 PM

I like all streets, nh.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dbitel,

done, and I'm deleting your post too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. To eliminate bias (which hasn't been a problem yet), you still have a line in your OP, and AJ's first response.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Definate value bet here.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Seems like everyone thinks the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button with one limper is an automatic raise/blind steal.

Don't table dynamics affect this? I'll do it when I expect my raise to get reasonable respect (usually) but hold off otherwise. I also would put one limper as the worst scenario as I am very likely to be HU with a hand I'd rather take down right there or play multiway.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming the 15 was meant to block, but he decided to raise and you knew you were finished with the hand at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this was a value bet. The BB checked to Isura.

[ QUOTE ]
To make this call I would have to see him make this play before and find a caller that will show what he had. This was a scare card and he may have been waiting to take the hand away from you for something like this, but I need to see this done before I can make this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd be really pissed that the idiot #$@#$ chased the whole way and check/raised on the river, but I'd make a crying fold.

If this was me, I'd expect him to show a bluff with a totally random hand because this is how I've been running lately.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like everyone thinks the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button with one limper is an automatic raise/blind steal.

Don't table dynamics affect this? I'll do it when I expect my raise to get reasonable respect (usually) but hold off otherwise. I also would put one limper as the worst scenario as I am very likely to be HU with a hand I'd rather take down right there or play multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually raise this. But lipmer has only $17 and I didn't feel like playing hit or fold against him on the flop.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, as you rise in stakes at 6max it becomes correct to limp less and less. If the blinds were aggro and like to play back you might just fold this before you limp it.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is for me unless limper is short/mega calling station.

Hand is standard, I'm folding to a push.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:53 PM

looks good to me
I pop a little more on the turn (~$15) since the board is so draw heavy and most guys will call with KQ, KJ, flush draw, even a T as long as it isn't an outrageous amount. I don't think $11 bet gets any more callers than a $15 one. It sounds silly [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], but with that bet and the value bet on the river, it's $5 more in the pocket and that matters to me.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I like just over 1/3 on the river...goot. FWIW, I'd hate getting check/min-raised on the river.