Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 01:17 AM

Default $6 Party AK Push, or Stop and Go?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1250)
UTG+1 (t1790)
Hero (t625)
CO (t420)
Button (t785)
SB (t1525)
BB (t1605)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?????<font color="black">

Since I am fairly new to SnG's, I was wondering when is a stop in go is better than a push? If I push here, I might get called, might not. The blinds aren't that big so I'm not really trying to steal them. I want someone to call my bet ( I have been pushing a lot b/c I was down to 300 chips so my push might get called). If I bet around 200, I have a better chance of getting called and could possibly exploit some weak player who might fold to my all in flop bet. Either way all my chips go in but I have a better chance of winning w/ the stop in go.

So how often should this be used and what are the optimal situations to use the stop in go?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:02 AM

Default Re: $6 Party AK Push, or Stop and Go?

Just push, I think anything but pushing is retarded. 75 chips mean something to a stack of 625, the blinds are coming in a couple hands, and with your stack and party's structure, you need to gamble for some chips.

Search the archives for some threads about using a stop n go, it sounds like you don't completely understand it at this moment. Greg Raymer(you might have heard of him) has a couple great threads in the archives describing the stop n go, and what situations call for it.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: $6 Party AK Push, or Stop and Go?

How the hell can you stop and go if nobody raises and the blinds complete, when you are going to be acting after them on the flop?

Anything other than a push is pretty bad, but at least raise, don't limp, and obviously, don't fold.