FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 03:27 AM

Default AKT8ss hand

Your play?

PLO $50 8-handed
Villain1 Button ($4.90)
Hero CO ($50)
Villain2 BB ($48)

Dealt to Hero [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
3 limpers, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, Villain 1 raises to $3.75, SB folds, Villain2 calls, folded to Hero, Hero raises to $16.75, Villain1 calls (all-in), Villain2 calls.

Flop [T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($40.15)
Villain2 checks, Hero ???
Old 04-27-2006, 03:51 AM

Default Re: AKT8ss hand

I suppose the question is whether to push or slowplay? I think push is > slowplay here. Villain 2 could have KK/QQ/JJ and you dont want to give him a free chance to catch it.

Unless he has a 10 he will likely only put more money in with a hand that beats you on subsequent streets (overboat, rivered BS) and if he has a 10 you are very likely ahead (unless he has T5 which is rare enough). And against 55 you'd rather see both cards.

So... push.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 AM

I agree with Ricky about betting that flop and not giving either an overpair or a T with a worse lineup of straight cards a free card. And preflop I reraise those short stack queers like you did, especially if they have a little bit more than he did and could initiate action where someone else could checkraise a flop I might want a free card on.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:46 AM

What do you guys think about doing something tricky here, like min-betting, 1/4 pot or 1/2 potting?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:03 AM

Against a totally random guy, I think a 1/2 pot to full pot push is OK, since you are only going to be called by a T or something crazy (most of the time) and you dont want to get sucked out on by an overpair.

If I have a strong read that this guy is overly aggressive and likes to prey upon percieved weakness, I might consider the 1/4 pot bet in the hopes that he pushes overtop on a bluff. The 1/4 pot is still pricing out the 2 card overfull.

Without a read, I just throw the money in and hope he is crazy enough to call with something wierd.