Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 04:41 AM

Default AKo Vs LAA

I am happy with every street but the river. I am not saying I think it was wrong considering the player and the size of the pot but I wanted some feedback. Talk me out of it or send me some praise please. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Stats: MP3 33/11/2.8

FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 01-09-2006, 04:44 AM

Default Re: AKo Vs LAA

Learn to River Better I guess. You could try Clarkmeistering the river though.

C-Dog
Old 01-09-2006, 04:53 AM

That river card is about the worst one I can imagine.

I doubt you'll get Villain to fold a better hand on the river, and your chances of being best aren't very good.

I guess you could bet with your cursor hovering over the fold button, expecting to lose if you're called. Or you could check-call and pray.

Check-folding might be best, but I'd have trouble doing it. And for what it's worth, it is still possible that this Villain has Axs or AT or another AK without a spade kicker.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:58 AM

He caps the flop with 3 spades on board and then calls the turn. I think he has K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a lot here.

As I would be unwilling to fold to a river raise, I check/call here. He might have overplayed AJ and just hit 2 pair. He could also try the Clarkmeister, so you will often get a bet out of him anyway.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:11 AM

Seems the converter f'ed up a little. Just fixed it to display properly.
My thinking was that he will turn up Ax at least often enough to make it worth a call on the river. I wasn't cosidering betting because a raise would just piss me off. I just wanted to see if you guys would CC or CF this river basicly. Figured he was auto betting river with almost anything.