Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Off topic life post

[ QUOTE ]
ok NaS

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-27-2006, 03:10 AM

lol and the guy couldnt get it right..."cause sleep is the cause of the devil" GEEZ
Old 04-27-2006, 03:48 AM

he has it right
Old 04-27-2006, 04:07 AM

i think someone else mightve said that before Nas.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:30 AM

true
Old 04-27-2006, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but multitabling for a few years so that you have enough startup for a restaurant will be.

[/ QUOTE ]
you know that 80% of new businesses go bust right?
restaurants are the wrong concept for generating a decent ror for all but a few investors.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:57 AM

Maybe you should play part time like 20 hours a week. You can still make a lot of money playing less. See if you like living a more conventiona life.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:02 AM

Old 04-27-2006, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are posters on this forum who live happily off of little enough that 200K would last 20 years with no more investment skill than CDs and municipal tax-free bonds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt been studying your old posts in the archives -genuis stuff but this statement is not even close to being accurate..really silly.

Me personally I would not retire until I had $4M in cash to enable yearly cashflow just from investment income of ~$200K @ 5%. That's being ridiculously conservative I know. I'm about a tenth of the way there.

Most of these kids in this forum that are beating the highest games online are very smart and they can make much more out of poker then in it.

How many really great high stakes players have made that kind of money to retire on permanently? iow how many have made $1.50M ++ tax free and walked away and played part-time and not pissed it back away-not too fuggin many. Most likely they are world class cash game players or ubernits that have slavishly invested year in year out.

Must of the young high stakes players are in and out of busto-land...the guys that play a few levels lower and grind it out and invest imo have a better chance of getting rich playing the game. Also if you continue to play just poker over a multi-year period you may become so attuned to the the lifestyle and stimulation it provides that you may not be able to return to the corporate structure or even work for yourself doing anthing but poker so I would say to these young guys..Guys stay in tune with the MAN.Stay in college,stay on track,do your internships ..dont leave huge gaps in your resume and continue to play poker. 5-15 years down the road you will have much better choices..you dont want to be another Huck Seed do ya..CalPoly wonderboy..look at that guy..looks like he just came out of methadone clinic.

Me persoanlly I'm a hs drop-up I luckily ended up getting a degree from NYU but after trying a [censored] of jobs in finance I figured working for myself was the only way to go and poker has been the most lucrative. Whatever the reason ADD the other things didnt work out -I really think what happened was that I was out of the loop at such an early age that I never could get back into a "normal lifestyle".. This is just kind of a warning ...you dont want to be 40, single and have poker as your only avenue of making money. This warning is probably best directed at the plebes and not the allstars--but allstar one day busto the next.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:51 AM

goodguy1,

Not sure if you are disagreeing with my take on Jason's situation or the statement that there are HSNL 2+2ers living off of little enough that 200K can last 20 years (or both). The latter is fact. Don't know what else to say other than maybe they'll speak up here, but that's their business.

Matt