Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Best Speech in a Movie

Thread over.

What? "Over"? Did you say "over"? Nothing's over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

Germans?

Forget it, he’s rolling.

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough...the tough get going! Who's with me? Let's go! Come on! What the [censored] happened
to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest night of our lives...but you're gonna let it be the worst.

We're afraid to go with you, Bluto.
We might get in trouble.

Just kiss my ass from now on.
Not me! I won't take this!
Wormer is a dead man!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Duh? (somebody just beat me to it)

[image]http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/img/tv/criticschoice/Braveheart.jpg[/image]
Micks unite
Old 04-26-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and the president's rally speech in Independence Day (I think the last one was a joke).

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, this was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw this thread cause a friend does this speach real well/hillarious. but i actually do like it anyway.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:56 AM

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the president's rally speech in Independence Day (I think the last one was a joke).

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, this was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw this thread cause a friend does this speach real well/hillarious. but i actually do like it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too - great speech in a otherwise bad movie. Best trailer of all time for getting people in the theaters the first week.

~ Rick
Old 04-26-2006, 02:09 AM

yeah, the president's speech in independence day wins hands down. i've seen that scene at least 6 times and it gives me goosebumps every time. amazing.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:43 AM

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:56 AM

a 2 part speech, the best IMO.
"Trainspotting" -Renton (Ewan McGregor)

pt 1

[ QUOTE ]
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a [censored] big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of [censored] fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing [censored] junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, [censored]-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

pt 2

[ QUOTE ]
So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's going to change, I'm going to change. This is the last of this sort of thing. I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you: the job, the family, the [censored] big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, to the day you die.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 AM

Same answer I post every time this thread is done:

"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth.........
Old 04-26-2006, 04:31 AM

Jesus, not even one mention of any number of Walken Speeches? Trainspotting is def. in the top 10 of all time. GlennGary Glenross is a movie of nothing but perfectly written and delivered speeches.

Patton takes the cake IMO. The original speech is even better. Heres the link. His speech is near teh bottom of the page.