Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Help! I am Neteller-retarded

Ok. Exactly how does neteller, firefox and all of this stuff work. I would like to deposit on Party Poker using Neteller but I do not know how to set this up. I recently signed up and I do not know what to do. How do I link neteller to my bank account? I recently turned 18 so my bank account is a savings account so will this prevent me from being able to send money to a poker site? I am trying to do everything possible to get started on Party because I am getting sick of playin on The Gaming Club. All help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Help! I am Neteller-retarded

Sorry if this post is completely useless but if you go to the Neteller website and click on sign up, it will walk you through all the steps to successfuly create your account. However, you could always take a some-what easier way and use a credit/debit card of even do a money transfer.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this post is completely useless but if you go to the Neteller website and click on sign up, it will walk you through all the steps to successfuly create your account. However, you could always take a some-what easier way and use a credit/debit card of even do a money transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also when I signed up they had telephone help which was pretty good and would walk you through everything.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:22 AM

Right. What I did not really understand in the question itself was why you were asking how firefox works. Firefox is just a browser and works very similar to Internet Explorer. There is no need actually to study specifically how it works.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:13 AM

He meant "Firepay", I'm sure.

These days you can rarely use debit/credit cards to fund gambling accounts in the US. So, Neteller, Firepay, etc are about it.

As mentioned, Neteller will step you through what you need to do. I signed up to open an account. Then, I opened a special, separate checking account with my bank. I then, using Neteller's help, associated my Neteller account with that bank account.

Now, I can transfer money back and forth between my bank and Neteller with no hassle. However, there can be some lag as the money moves from your bank to your Neteller account. They have something called "InstaCash" I think, but I don't use that.

Normally I've been funding my accounts through Firepay because it's much faster. And I tend to cashout to Neteller. Firepay is also hooked up to that checking account. The upside of Firepay is that there is no lag when moving money from the checking account to Firepay. They are basically righting themselves a check from my bank account and they have verified that the money exists in my account, so they credit me right away. Neteller does a standard EFT, I believe, thus the lag.

Regards,

T
Old 04-26-2006, 12:28 PM

Go ahead and open a checking account in addition to the savings account. There are lots of no fee checking accounts around lately for college age students. They are not all just for over 50s. Some banks will even give you a bonus for opening a new checking account. Once you have the checking account, then it is pretty step-by-step to get started with Neteller.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:50 PM

NETeller should easily walk you through the process of verifying your bank account which will then enable you to transfer money via EFT.