Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 03:51 PM

Default Dual Monitor Help!!!

Hey guys,

I just bought a second monitor. I was using Viewsonic VP912b (19" lcd) and just got Samsung 214T (21.3" lcd). I have a NVIDIA 6600 GT (dual dvi output). I got the 214T, plugged that into the DVI port where the 912b was, and put the 912b into the second DVI output. I was able to set up both monitors and everything was working fine.

Then I restart and only one monitor, the samsung, shows. the viewsonic does not show in device manager nor the nvidia control panel. it is nowhere in sight. I tried restarting, unplugging it, switching the ports, etc. Nothing worked.

Everything is OK physically, I was able to use the Viewsonic monitor alone by itself. I was also able to use either DVI port with success, but only one at a time. Basically, both monitors work, both DVI ports work, but I just can't get Windows to detect both at the same time.

I've tried "Add Hardware" in control panel. I've tried uninstalling the monitor driver in Device Manager. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia drivers. I've tried restarting 100 times after various small changes. I just can't get them both to work, and the weird part is that they were working before, and everything is ok physically!

Needless to say I am very very frustrated, and would really appreciate any help. I am using Windows XP Pro fwiw, and the latest (non-beta) nvidia drivers.