Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2006, 02:59 PM

Default 1-2 NL put myself in tough spot

live 1-2 game. i just got moved from a broken game, so i have no reads.
utg limps ($550) and hero($700) makes it $12 from EMP w 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. woman calls in MP but has only $7 left after doing so. CO calls ($200) and villian on btn calls ($420) but i can tell he doesnt really like his hand too much and is making a button call. utg calls the raise as well.
5 players, $63 in pot
flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to hero who bets 35. MP calls allin for her last $7. Villian on button calls and every1 else folds. $84 in main pot and $56 in side pot.
turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks and villian bets $50. Hero check raises to $175. Villain thinks for a while and calls the $125, leaving himself with about $220 left.
River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero bets $150 villian raises allin for another $70 and hero calls.
comments on all streets appreciated. This is not a standard play for me and i made a read that the villian was weak on the turn. Please evaluate.
V
Old 04-23-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: 1-2 NL put myself in tough spot

it seems like you never gave villain a chance to have a good hand here, in your mind. Thats never a good thing.

you probably got damn lucky. If you think villain was floating you, you should've just led the turn.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: 1-2 NL put myself in tough spot

76s is a nice hand whith position so playing with it from EP isnīt ideal but once in a blue moon an exeption can bee made.:-)
Flopp fine.

That 3 is a good card for you and you should definatly bet to try and force flushdraws, Qx, 55 to fold. A pause like he made when you C/R him can also mean 75

The hands i see him holding here are Qx 6x 75 and maybee 44,55 since you only beat Qx (55) you want to make a valuebet that he will call. He isnīt putting his last 200 on a Q. I would make it someting like 50-75 and seriously consider folding if he pushes
Old 04-23-2006, 03:44 PM

Default my thought process

villian called on the button, but it wasnt automatic. He thought about it for a few seconds. He most likely does not have a pair or a good suited connector or AK AQ. He probably has some suited junk or a hand like 89. He could also have a hand like J6s, Q8s, etc. He is on the button, its a small raise and there is lots of action. When he called my flop bet, i though that he either has a bad queen or a flush draw. The allin player doesnt count much...she could have anything. However, because she is in for the main pot, the pot is somewhat protected. I felt that if I bet the turn, he would still call with a bad Q, but he would fold it if i Checkraised. It looks less like a bluff, considering the allin player. I raised enough so that if he reraised, i would be able to safely throw my hand away. Also, i left him with 220 in case he had a draw and i could bluff the river if a blank hit. Whe he bet the turn into a relatively dry side pot, he had to have some showdown value. I felt that his likey hands were either Qx, Q5s, Xh3h or Xh6h (flush draw with pair) or maybe even 55 or 77. When he called the cr, he had to have a hand that could improve on the river, flush draw with a pair, Q5 or 55 being mostly likely. He would reraise allin with a set, 2pr or AQ. I was going to push the river no matter what came, but when the 6 came off, i now wanted to get paid and bet only 150. When he raised me his last 70, i knew i was toast. I called and he showed me 6h9h. Its amazing how he had the best hand and the best draw, but the way the hand played out he needed to improve to win.
V
Old 04-23-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: my thought process

Ok. I still think that leading out on the turn is the rigth play though. It would bee intresting to hear his thinking process though
Old 04-23-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: my thought process

If i lead the turn he will once again call w Qx, but if I cr he folds it immediately unless he has a redraw w it