Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Hand that\'s bugging me

[ QUOTE ]
there has to be some chance I'll get two folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only if you have the best hand. If you're going to bet that turn i think you should bet more. Don't get me wrong, the turn bet wasn't horrible or anything but i don't like it. I'd probably just check.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:51 AM

I would have checked the turn, but definitely pushed the river. If he has the straight flush OH WELL
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 AM

The purpose of moving in on river is either to bluff away a stronger hand or get paid in full by a weaker hand that you're sure will call. I don't see either applying here so I bet half the pot ... or half his stack ... 350-400.

Here you'd also have option of folding to the re-raise if you felt in a Stuey Ungar type of mood. In general you want random flushes paying off your boat convincing themselves that you only have a straight or an overpair. Everyone just saying "push" and nothing else can be right just DONT GET IT.

One thing I learned from a similar hand is that when the flop is monochrome and you don't have any of that suit your hand is significantly weakened. Even though you have top set it's still a much weaker top set. I like the weak lead on the turn.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:51 AM

Check turn obviously. As played, definately push river. Masquerade, do you honestly think any hand calls 400 and not 800 in that spot? I do not.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check turn obviously. As played, definately push river. Masquerade, do you honestly think any hand calls 400 and not 800 in that spot? I do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much the hand as the person. And yes I do.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:48 PM

Well put MDMA... no reason to bet half a stack. So you can somehow fold to a raise? Not bloody likely. And if he calls 400 with a strong flush, he will call 800 with it. And how does getting the most value out of your big full house involve betting half a stack exactly? If he has a weaker full or a high flush you MUST make him pay. Effectively, all betting half a stack does is allow a weaker hand to save 400 bucks, while you still pay off the whole stack if he happens to raise w/a better hand.