Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 06:27 PM

Default AA, Straight coordinated flop facing Stop and Go.

Eventhough I'm UTG+1, I have position.

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="blue"> Whoohoo, rockets, PT says I win 78.66% of the time, and by far my most profitable hand! Oh look, callers! </font>

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Hrmm, that isn't always good for me, a donk bet! WTF!?!?! Screw it, I'm raising. </font>

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero?????

<font color="blue">Hrmmm, stop and go. I'm either way ahead, drawing dead to a straight, or up against a draw to a straight. Wish I would have spent more time at work today going over Shilix's "Set Plays" posts. Would raising be spew? Do we go into call down mode? </font>
Old 04-21-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: AA, Straight coordinated flop facing Stop and Go.

I would raise. I generally don't like putting in alot of big bets with one pair but there alot of hands you could be beating here. Hands like Q8 and Q9 could easily bet out on this turn card as well as random hands like 78, 69, any two clubs (possibly with a pair or straight draw). Your hand most likely has an equity range against your opponent and the BB is pretty clearly drawing so that cushions the edge you need to have to raise (because you are getting 2:1 on each raise instead of 1:1).

An important thing to consider is that SB's line is actually a pretty good one for a monster (set / straight) because it traps BB. None the less, I would raise, hate getting 3 bet, but showdown so long as it is 1 bet to me each time after that.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:50 PM

Grunch:

i believe your flop play is correct, but since they are both trapped in the raise and none of them cold called the raise, it's likely that they either have top pair, and it's likely that BB has a straight draw, or a flush draw and he has the odds to call.. i believe you should raise the turn, it's true that if they have any decent draw they have the odds to call, so the only thing that you can do is to try to build the pot, also, raising the turn will probably also give you more info, since anyone with a straight will probably reraise to protect from the flush draw

but i'm still pretty torn between raising and calling, not 100% sure on this hand
Old 04-21-2006, 06:59 PM

I would raise (and fold to a 3-bet)......