Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 02:34 AM

Default Put a fork in me

I think I've reached the end. I worked myself from 50-1.00 to where the fish lead me (10-20 max). But after having winning months the first 10 out 12 months, I've had only 3 winning months in the past 15. Before each session, I review the previous big losing hands. These was today's session: Guess the winning hands!

Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
------------------------------------------------------
Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
------------------------------------------------------------

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
-----------------------------------------------------------

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB :#A500AF(LPP)/ calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
LPP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LPP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LPP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LPP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB
__________________________________________________ _______

These type of hands are what I live with day in, day out. If not for bonuses and Rakeback (if UB would ever pay!) I would have been broke long ago. So tell me, do I suck? Am I just the anti-thesis of a luckbox? Is everone's bad karma manifesting on me? I think I'll go back to couner-strike. At least I can kill there.....
Old 04-20-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Put a fork in me

KK was terrible, why are you 3 betting a monotone board with QQ?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KK was terrible, why are you 3 betting a monotone board with QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. I don't get the impression that OP should be playing 5/10...
Old 04-20-2006, 02:54 AM

You're overplaying your hands.

The first QQ hand isn't too bad--I routinely pay off in this situation, too, and sometimes even have the best hand.

The KK hand is horrendous. Just call the c/r &amp; hope he slowplayed QT. Oh, and cap preflop.

The K2 hand is utterly standard, although I will routinely fold that one preflop vs. only 1 limper.

A loose/passive check/raised you on a 3-suited flop, and you're holding 1 pair with no cards of that suit. No way am I 3-betting, and if I did, you gotta fold to the cap.

Mid-limit can be a brutal game, especially short-handed. The swings are murderous. But you also have to take a good hard look at your own play and see what you can do to lessen the losses and increase the wins. I know that I had what I thought was a terrible run of luck at 10/20 6max last summer, but what I eventually realized was just opponents taking advantage of my own poor play.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:08 AM

Hand two cap preflop and just call the river raise. The last hand you could have saved a couple of small bets on the flop.

A mistake like the one in the last hand once every twenty five hands is enough to swing you from a 2 bb winner to to a 2 bb loser. Its a real fine line. If you can find those mistakes you can win.
Some things you can do... Analyze and respond to the hands that are posted. Cut down on the number of tables you play, focus on reads, think carefully about each decision. Have a reason for every bet call and fold. Read a poker book each week, pick out a topic and spend that week looking for ways to apply that to your game while you play. Review your sessions in pokertracker, analyze hands that are not performing for you. Pick one and post it, see what the guys here think of it.

If its any consolation things are going poorly for me too. I know that the cards are running against me and that they can run against me for along long time. All I can do is improve my game so that when they do run well I am ready to take full advantage.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:01 AM

The opponent in the KK hand had pulled this same betting scheme against me in the previous round against my TT when a Q hit the river. I folded to it. I thought he was trying the same stunt this time. Too bad for me he had KJo to get his straight.

The first QQ hand the villian had T7o.

The second QQ hand, the villian (who I've played before when he truly was behaving as a LPP) was in a manical stage where he was betting/raising crap and hitting. He'd fold if you played back at him and he didnt have anything. Except this hand that is.

As I said previously, I worked myself up the 5-10 level and then started to follow my fav players. I followed the LPP from 1-2 to 5-10 and then to 10-20. But since this streak has continued and I moved to UB to bonus hustle, I've been playing mostly 1-2, 2-4 and 3-6.

But thanks for the input. I'm going to take a couple weeks off and re-read some things. Maybe the poker gods will forgive me for trying to Limp re-raise with Aces.....

Cheers,
NBB
Old 04-21-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're overplaying your hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of poor decisions in these hands. And K2s in a HU/3-way hand is definitely one of them.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:28 AM

I think, counterstrike is not a too bad decision. I'm also longing for coming back to "normal" play.

But first, I want to re-win all my money... hehe [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]