Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 09:58 PM

Default people who carry no cash (or very very little)

imho way way worse than the check writers, although i would guess they share a huge amount of membership in the same club.

so oot, who in here doesn't carry cash with them when they leave the house?? and why?? being broke being your only excuse and those people need not reply.

i personally know a few super rich friends who carry little or no cash and it drives me nuts when i have to shell out money for them so they don't have to go to the atm or whatever.

part 2 of the question.......how much cash do you carry when you leave the house?

minimum/maximum and reasons why.

cheers. J.

i will give my answer in a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: people who carry no cash (or very very little)

plastic baby
Old 04-20-2006, 10:05 PM

most people aren't degenerate poker players and thus don't have a lot of cash on them at any given time.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:07 PM

I've had to use Benjamens at fast food before. Cash is only way to go.

I usually have $50 on me....no less than $20. Why? Because $20 will usually cover a meal, parking, a couple drinks...and I work at a bank so getting cash isn't a problem. Most of my friends don't carry cash, so we play the plastic shuffle at dinner or at the bar....sometimes it drives me nuts. I do use plastic at the gas pump or at the grocery store....but rarely in social situations (especially at the bar.) I just think it slows things down and doesn't look as cool as a few twenties.

ScottieK

I almost never have cash, and it's never a problem. Who besides drug dealers doesn't accept plastic these days?

i carry only a few bucks in cash, but I pay with my debit card most of the time.

Normally, I am broke. But even when I am not, I don't feel the need to carry a bunch of 20s or something. If I need to spend that much money, I'll just use my debit card.

Melch
Old 04-20-2006, 10:08 PM

Yeah, unless I am going to the bar I have no cash on me at all. I use my debit card to buy pretty much everything.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 PM

i tend to carry either zero or some number >250. zero being more common as of late. when i carry zero its usually because i have no money in my pants/wallet/moneyclip and i have no reason to get more. the only reason i might need some money around is for making prop bets with friends while hanging out (which isn't really a factor for me since my friends aren't gamblers for the most part) or in some rare tipping situations (which i don't find myself in or if i do its a time when i would have 250 in my wallet).

i never write checks. i don't even own any. i used to though.

i would appreciate being enlightened as to why its important to have cash around? parking meters? because those use change for the most part and i NEVER leave home carrying change.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:10 PM

I carry an average of $20 (a ten, a five, and 5 singles) in my wallet.

I try to pay for everything with my American Express. If the store won't take AMEX, I'll use my Mastercard. If it's a vending machine or quick in-and-out purchase (like a bottle of gatorade at the gas station when I'm late to my fencing class), then I use the cash.

I don't know why people carry so much cash around. It's pointless and dangerous. I saw a guy pay for $175 worth of groceries the other day with two one-hundred dollar bills. He had a few other hundreds in his wallet along with some fifties. So wasteful... that's like, $500-$600 over the course of your life that you lose when you could have the money in the bank or invested making interest and use a credit card with some sort of rewards instead. =)

Plus, you're encouraging someone to mug you. Anybody mugs me all they're getting is 20 bucks and a two credit cards that will be cancelled by the time they try to use them.