Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 03:48 PM

Default .5/1 AQs on the button

I feel that one of the leaks in my game is that I make too many continuation bets when there is 3 or more people in the hand. I am interested in how many people would continue to bet on this flop. All players in this were tight aggresive with the exception of the SB who is your typical calling station.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds
Old 04-20-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: .5/1 AQs on the button

I tend to continuation bet paired raggy boards like this more than check them through. There is less chance that it hit one of the other folks. Although I much prefer it when there are more than 2 suits.

On this hand I'd be tempted to raise UTG on the turn. It's doubtful the 4 improved him to anything but a flush draw. If UTG hadn't bet and it's checked to you I'd bet everytime.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:58 PM

Bet the flop because were likely to have the best hand. A paired board means it is less likely one of our opponents has anything.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:45 PM

Since you have position, I'd probably fire a cb on the flop and see if I can get the TAG's out. OOP, I guess it would depend on where the TAG's are in relation to my position.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you have position, I'd probably fire a cb on the flop and see if I can get the TAG's out. OOP, I guess it would depend on where the TAG's are in relation to my position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...to further the point, if the TAGs really are TAGs, aren't they betting if the flop hits them or they have a good draw? Since they didn't, it's a good guess they missed, so I bet. If they will check to the PFR even with a piece or a good draw, then they aren't TAGs and you need to reevaluate your read. I still bet here with position and overs as I don't want to give infinite odds and I see what comes on the turn.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:23 PM

**grunch**

depending on what relationship I have with the two TAGs I would be out ... I would prefer to do this with a club on the board though.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:26 PM

I bet this flop. I think there is a good chance you have the best hand. Reevaluate the turn depending on who calls.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:39 PM

I would toss out a bet here in position as well to get an idea of where you stand. If you bet here, it's likely that it will get checked to you on the turn and you can check behind if you want a free shot at hitting your overs, or you can bet again trying to push out the flush draws (not too easy but you never know) With no flop bet though some weak tightie might feel a little better about the 9 they're holding and might bet, and if you want to go further at all, you'll have to put an extra SB compared to the flop bet, plus you'll be the one calling instead of betting.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:53 PM

I think a flop bet after the all checked to you would be good. Depending on how many callers + who called you can decide whether to bet the turn or take the free card. This is of course assuming they check to you on the turn.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:59 PM

I bet this one. This is a pretty good board for us. You can then take the free card on the turn if you like or bet it out if you feel you've bought fold equity.