Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Winning at the $50 Level

I know this is entirely off topic, but how many tables are you guys playaing at a time? I'm one one monitor that isn't even capable of 1600x1200 resoluation and 6 tabling is the max I can keep up with for sure. 5 seems to be perfect speed for me, but anymore than 6 and I just can't sustain it. Does having a larger monitor help out? I just can't imagine 8 tabling 6max effectively even with a monitor or dual monitor set up. Any tips on how to work on this?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If thats 25k hands thats 11PTBB/100 thats not that unlikely...

I play 6+ hours a day 1 tabling and have 4K hands since April 1st at 7PTBB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

6 hours of 1 table? God I would get bored... You must be one focused individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you possibly get bored playing poker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm still learning lots - I find that 1 table gives me heaps to do with taking notes and all that stuff - and yes I am pretty focused [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2006, 09:56 AM

Buy PT. Like cell phones and TiVo, once you have it you won't know how you lived without it.

I've been doing roughly +5PTBB/100 at the $50s, but
(1) I haven't been at the level long,
(2) I play full ring exclusively,
(3) I 4-table and don't put (enough) effort into opponent reads, just ABC,
(4) I practice zero table selection.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running -4.23PTBB/100 after 6.5k hands. I'm starting to think that this is sustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]
With some effort and study, I'm sure you can get that number up to -10PTBB/100. I have faith in you.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buy PT. Like cell phones and TiVo, once you have it you won't know how you lived without it.

I've been doing roughly +5PTBB/100 at the $50s, but
(1) I haven't been at the level long,
(2) I play full ring exclusively,
(3) I 4-table and don't put (enough) effort into opponent reads, just ABC,
(4) I practice zero table selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, your play is identical to mine, except for number (1). I've got about 30k hands at this level. God, it gets boring sometimes because I'm just waiting for someone to make a mistake and win some money. No reads, just using the HUD. Why can't I just program myself into a mediocore poker bot? It's so formulaic sometimes... time to try the 6-max I guess and actually try to improve.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:46 PM

The only thing you need to ask when deciding if your winrate is sutainable is, have i had a really bad run yet? A bad run is losing between 7 and 12 buyins over 4-5k hands. In 290K hands I hit one of these down turns pretty much every 35k hands or so. My good months are the ones where i see no big downswing , my bad ones usually contain 2 downswings.

Everyone sees downswings who plays large volumes of hands. It's why you need a large number of hands played to be certain you are a winning player. My 'sans downswing' winrate is around 10-12ptBB/100, I win at this rate for 20k hands at a stretch easily. During this time I feel like I am a poker God. My true winrate, calculated over my last 100k hands I have logged with poker tracker is 5-6ptBB/100.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:40 PM

personally i dont see 11PTBB/100 as sustainable over a long period of time... ever. If someone does this, then wow is all i can say.

but what i believe this great run has done for you is it allowed you to move up one level (considering you can handle the play there), and pull off 3-6 PTBB/100 which is very sustainable over the long haul.

i remember reading somewhere that it's the level of the stakes, not the PTBB someone pulls in that ultimately decides how much $$ you make consistently.