Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer in Seattle area over Easter weekend?

[ QUOTE ]
I saw him there on Sat. evening. Thought about making a quick introduction, but he was with somebody, didn't want to make a scene, etc.

What is the etiquette on something like that? Should you leave the guy alone & let him have a meal in peace, or is it acceptable to say a quick hello?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is okay to say a quick hello; preferably you should pigenhole him into a corner and tell him about the last bad beats you took. Then ask if he is wearing the braclet. Then tell him how you took down 2nd in that 30 player home game tourney last weekend. Then, (and only if he seems somewhat receptive), sort of hint about a staking deal.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:03 PM

I didn't know that there was a Claim Jumpers in Redmond... I knew that there's one in Tukwila and Lynnwood. (South and north of Seattle respectively.)

I like the Claim Jumpers, but I still find it weird that they had sushi on their appetizer menu...it just doesn't fit w/ the whole gold rush theme. They might as well sell teriyaki lunch specials to go. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I prefer the Memphis style tomato-based BBQ sauce over the NC vinegar-based sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wisdom extends beyond the poker table I see.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. - I don't like McRib sandwiches. I'll stick with the Big Mac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is gonna be bad. But I know you're thinking it, so I'll post it so that it's out of our system.

I would have thought that when he eats at McDonalds, that he's partial to eating the Filet-O-Fish, and always has a big stack of Chips.

Sorry, but I know you were thinking it.
Zips up flame retardant suit
Old 04-19-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. - I don't like McRib sandwiches. I'll stick with the Big Mac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is gonna be bad. But I know you're thinking it, so I'll post it so that it's out of our system.

I would have thought that when he eats at McDonalds, that he's partial to eating the Filet-O-Fish, and always has a big stack of Chips.

Sorry, but I know you were thinking it.
Zips up flame retardant suit

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I wasn't thinking that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know that there was a Claim Jumpers in Redmond... I knew that there's one in Tukwila and Lynnwood. (South and north of Seattle respectively.)

I like the Claim Jumpers, but I still find it weird that they had sushi on their appetizer menu...it just doesn't fit w/ the whole gold rush theme. They might as well sell teriyaki lunch specials to go. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's @ redmond town center next to desert fire.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw him there on Sat. evening. Thought about making a quick introduction, but he was with somebody, didn't want to make a scene, etc.

What is the etiquette on something like that? Should you leave the guy alone & let him have a meal in peace, or is it acceptable to say a quick hello?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is okay to say a quick hello; preferably you should pigenhole him into a corner and tell him about the last bad beats you took. Then ask if he is wearing the braclet. Then tell him how you took down 2nd in that 30 player home game tourney last weekend. Then, (and only if he seems somewhat receptive), sort of hint about a staking deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, your last line really had me cracking up. Great post.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's @ redmond town center next to desert fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I figured...I don't get out much these days. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, family vacation at Disneyworld.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

So my friend wasn't lying when he told me he saw you at disneyworld. Cool!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the etiquette on something like that? Should you leave the guy alone & let him have a meal in peace, or is it acceptable to say a quick hello? He wasn't at his table eating or anything, just saw him in the entrance waiting for a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Fris,
As long as your not looking for a handshake in the men's room or after the person has been seated at his/her table, I think you'll be all set. Wash your hands. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]