Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Split Pot as Ceasers Indiana

I was there on Monday 4/17/06 and there was a full house on the board. The pot ended up getting split seven ways. The pot had like 69 dollars in it. In order to determine who got the short stack the dealer went by everyone's hole cards. The worst starting hand got the short (9) stack. I had never heard of splitting the pot this way. Is this standard or ?????
Old 04-19-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Split Pot as Ceasers Indiana

The standard rule is to give the extra chip to the player in the worst position.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:47 PM

LoL, no but if thats the way it was done, the worst starting had is screwed for a buck. You start from the small blind and work your way around. Farthest from the sb gets the shorter stack in this case.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:04 PM

Although the method mentioned by xTKOx and Photoc is the most standard way to do it, it's not universal by any means. Once I noted that the big three Atlantic City rooms did it in three different ways, two of which were foreign to me. The Borgata gives the extra chip to the player with the highest hole card, taking suit into account (so for example A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would beat A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the extra chip if a full house of blanks were on the board). I think the Trop did something else weird but I've forgotten what.

It sounds like they were doing the same thing as the Borgata, just that there were six "winners".