Old 04-19-2006, 04:23 AM

Default Re: HU hand against TheGrunch

he is raising AA/TT/A8 on the flop.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he is raising AA/TT/A8 on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course that crossed my mind but with these stacks it wouldn't be the first time we do something a little unusual to maintain some deception.

Basically I think it's unlikely for him to have those hands but I wouldn't discard them completely.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 AM

I don't like pf even though it's hu. Your going to be oop for the rest of the hand against a decent player with 8To. The blinds don't escalate and you start fairly deep so I wouldn't be defending with this unless I felt I had a significant edge over my opponent.

The flop is very dependent on how the match has been going, how often he's been opening from sb, how often you've been defending and leading/c/ring, what he's seen you do this with and so on so it's hard to critisise whatever you do there.

The turn I would usually lead and be happy to get it all in hu. Unless grunch specifically has spades/A5 I think there's plenty of hands he wil raise there that you have beat. In fact I kind of like a weakish lead to try and induce a raise from a weak A that will now think it's good or some sort of semibluff or if he was floating it gives him a chance to attack your supposed weakness on the scare card.

River seems fairly standard other than I probably reraise a lttle more to 1400 or so because he's either bluffing or has a big spade and he won't lay down the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and probably not the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] either.

Paul
Old 04-19-2006, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like pf even though it's hu. Your going to be oop for the rest of the hand against a decent player with 8To. The blinds don't escalate and you start fairly deep so I wouldn't be defending with this unless I felt I had a significant edge over my opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not defending my blind, I'm playing for implied odds only. I'm not doing this to keep him from stealing my blinds or something like that. T8o just seems pretty good in a raised pot with these stacks (even oop).

[ QUOTE ]
The turn I would usually lead and be happy to get it all in hu.

[/ QUOTE ]

the big problem I have here is that I won't be able to get it all-in with 300bb behind. If I lead and he raises pushing isn't really an option.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 AM

Preflop is standard IMO.
HU you'd rather play T8 than Q4 because of the increased likelihood of making top pair.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:41 AM

FH,

I dion't understand your river thinking. Its HU and your hand is huge, you should be looking to get all in here. Raise more on the river, b/c whatever he's calling your raise with, he's also calling more
Old 04-19-2006, 06:22 AM

Ok, everyone says "it's HU", I know it's hu, I understand the hand ranges are much bigger but I provided my line of thought on his hand range (in case he happens to push over my river raise) and nobody contested that yet, so please adress that if you sit fit.

Simply pushing over his river raise is certainly a possibility but I think it allows him to fold most of what would pay me off on a different raise. I think he folds the Ks if I push the river but even if he doesn't he has to figure me for a resteal to call with anything lower than that.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:06 AM

Fallen,

I’d c/raise (PSB) on the flop. Rest assured you’ll be getting a c-bet on this board very often.

Turn chk/chk is good – you don’t want to be drawing to 4 outs after calling a raise.

River – I certainly call the river raise. There are not enough hands villain can call after your 3-bet that are worse. 55588, J,Q,K flushes may can but it’s not often the weaker flushes will call. Call the raise.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 AM

I'd fold preflop, but calling once in a while is not awful for deception and implied odds, but an offsuit gapper is pretty poor. A suited gapper or an offsuit connector is much better.

On the flop, I'd check-raise. Catch a cbet and charge draws a lot, and hopefully end the hand with a very vulnerable hand.

I'd lead bigger on the river. If he just has something like the Js he probably won't raise and you want to make some money.

As played, I like your raise size, he's probably not calling much more without a house, maybe you could raise it a tiny bit more on the river to get the call from the Ks.