Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Flopped a beast, help me make the most.

Live 20/40.

Lineup:
Utg+1, a little too loose/passive preflop but a great handreader and post flop player.

Few hands previously he raised utg, I 3-bet QQ

Flop Kxx
check, call.
Turn x
He bet, I called.
River A
he bet, I called

he had 88 and said I made two bad calls.

anyways. . .

sb: donk who seems to call often no pair no draw and rarely bets/raises when he should, I'm waiting for him to lose all his money.

I have 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
and limp after utg+1

he says "Josh, dont you think I ever limp with aces" whatever the hell that means.

sb limps, bb checks

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
sb checks, bb checks, villian bets, I call? sb calls, bb folds.

Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
sb checks, villian bets, I call?, sb calls.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Sb checks, villian bets, I raise?

I feel like this should've been a bigger pot, maybe i'm just greedy.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Flopped a beast, help me make the most.

in this situation I'm probably raising the flop b/c nobody is expecting a monster if u do this.... u say he's a great hand reader, raising this flop I GUARENTEE he does not put u on a flopped boat... this looks like protecting ur hand as a 6 would wait till the turn to raise... I think sb is calling anyways from ur read, then when utg+1 3 bets, I just call, and then raise when he opens the turn.... just my thoughts
Old 04-19-2006, 01:45 AM

I like a flop raise mainly because its hard to put you on a hand. You could easily have a hand like 55-99 I think and if he has or the sb has the six they will check raise you on the turn (and get their [censored] ruined) but these stakes are too high for me so I dont know ; )
Old 04-19-2006, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he had 88 and said I made two bad calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, by his logic you made three bad calls, wonder why he thinks you only made two? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Was this game loose passive enough that limping 33 was likely to get you an unraised 5-way pot?

Considering your relative position, the board, and all the postflop action if there was ever a time to play a hand this way this is it.

I think you did just fine. I think an earlier raise would have gotten you less. Your opponents must have been drawing damn near dead.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 AM

Raise the flop. It will look like you have 77. If it gets 3 bet, smooth call and raise the turn.

I messed up flop quads today by not betting the turn. I 3 bet preflop and everyone checked to me. Not betting was so suspicous that KK checked called the whole hand.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:51 AM

like doyle says......raise, u might get raised back
Old 04-19-2006, 06:43 PM

Has anyone given any consideration as to what exactly villian has in this hand. In retrospect I would agree that fast playing is correct although, the turn raise would be neon sign that I have a monster.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:48 PM

Why would you throw in his little speech PF and then ask us what he has unless he has AA?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:13 PM

I raise the flop with a 4 bet ready to quickly 4 bet. If you are going to raise the flop and then smooth call, you can't raise the turn against this good hand reader. It screams "monster". You should do it on the river as this only moderately screams "monster". If you do it on the river he will probably be pretty sure you have a 6 or something but might at least call because it closes the action and gives a showdown. The flop raise and smooth call is only slightly more advanced than the total slowplay. I believe playing this hand fast will actually put more bets in the pot as well as being more sneaky.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM

Default Results

When the 2 hit I thought it was my money card. I assumed (wrongly) that sb had 45 and had rivered his straight. When I raised sb folded and villian started whining about my hand asking 'pocket qq?, A6?" and finally called only to turn over his 67s.

I talked with him after and he said if I had raised the flop he would've 3-bet then when I raised the turn he'd fold. . . dunno if I believe that.

Once again, thanks everyone.