Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Should I call here?

3-6 blind live NL game, 4 handed. I open UTG for 25 which is in the range of my standard opening bet. I get called by a fella playing on the button kinda tight and straight forward from what I've seen. The blinds fold.

The flop is Q72r and I bet 25. Dude raises to 50 and I raise to 125 and he calls. Turn is a middle card that puts up two hearts and I bring out a stack of green chips planning to bet 150. I cut out 75 and before I can finish my motion the dude goes all in for 400, so I leave the 75 and bring my stack back. There's some comment about him acting before i'm done my motion, but I clearly didn't do anything wrong.

The 75's are pulled in, it's 325 for me to call and there's just short of 800 in the pot. I have 800 in front of me and pocket kings.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Should I call here?

Reads?

Why would you threebet the flop here? I'd only do that against an idiot in which case I'd call his all in.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads?

Why would you threebet the flop here? I'd only do that against an idiot in which case I'd call his all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he raised the flop I put him on a big queen, so I reraised because I thought I had the best hand. Is my flop play that out of line? When he called the reraise on the flop and then pushed the turn, I had to give him aces followed by pocket queens, which are both in line with his preflop play.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:16 PM

I love live play becuase guys only bet 25 into a 60 pot and then raise 75 into a 235 pot. If im villan I call with any pair on the flop to your weak ass reraise becuase you gave me 3-1 and position and you were going to commit yourself on the turn. I fold now becuase he hit 2 pair or a set.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:12 PM

I couldn't figure out why he would push without knowing how strong I was willing to lead on the turn... maybe just a total mistake on his part, but maybe he didn't want me to commit any more of his stack?

So I now have one of you saying it's crazy to reraise the flop and somebody else saying that I was too weak. Was I weak on the flop?

I folded the turn.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:41 PM

Lol, it's a combination of both.

Against a decent player threebetting drives out any worse queen. But if you do it you do it properly.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:07 PM

Sure looks like a set. AQ is the only thing I see here that you beat, compared to AA,QQ,77,22. Do you have the Kh? If so I discount a hands like KhQh. I probably just call the raise on the flop and evalate a turn. I like to take a passive line here after calling the raise, as it keeps in more hands that I'm beating. If you're going to raise, make a real raise to like 200. I really like the passive line better though. A tight, straight-forward player. I really don't think you're ahead enough and I let it go pretty quick.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:33 PM

I folded and he showed the other two kings.