Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Results

Well, he folded. Like most 6max players at this level he had a pretty low aggression factor postflop (despite being loose pre) so I was sure he had something. If he thinks of himself as "good" then he could even fold a set here on the river perhaps.

Hard to know, as pointed out there are many players who will call this with two pair or better even though it's "obvious" I've just hit my flush.

For those who wanted to raise the turn, I don't really see why. No draw has got there at that point so it's easy for even one pair hands to convince themselves to call, and while I do have a nice draw there is only one card to come.

Also, as others said, raising preflop would be standard IMO, but for metagame reasons I limped this one (I had been raising a lot and felt I would get zero respect). I think in this case the hand may have worked out better for the limp, it's much more believable that I have the flush on the end the way it played out.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Re: $100nl, 78 clubs w/postion

[ QUOTE ]

Fold or raise pf

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading this a lot lately. WHat is wrong with you guys?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:17 AM

Default Re: $100nl, 78 clubs w/postion

I made a play just like this yesterday and the guy called with effectively 88 here. You need a postflop read on the guy or this is just gambling. WtSD% is probably the best stat to know if this bluff is okay.