Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 01:31 AM

Default Today\'s News in FL: A Tale of Two Stupid People

I saw this on TV and found the article online. I feel bad for calling such a seemingly sweet old lady stupid, but come on, judge for yourself:

Woman, 92, Helps Catch Man She Says Conned Her
Alleged Victim: Man Said Car Needed Work, Stole Money

TAMARAC, Fla. -- A 92-year-old woman turned the tables on an alleged scam artist after he tricked her out of more than $1,000, police said.

Sylvia Klotz was driving to a local Dunkin' Donuts store when Frank Adams got her attention.

"He told me my front wheel is wobbling and that it's going to get me in a lot of trouble, and I'm using a lot of motor oil," Klotz said.

Klotz said Adams convinced her that her car needed work. She drove back home and even let the man into her home and gave him $1,800 in cash for the supposed repair job. (!!!!!!!!!!!)

"I had cash in the house, because I had money in an envelope that I was going to get traveler's checks to go to Atlantic City," Klotz said.

Police said Adams also helped himself to Klotz's jewelry.

"Pearls that I had, gold earrings and pearl earrings -- that was gone," Klotz said.

Police caught up to Adams when Klotz called him back and asked him to paint her car, which he had also told her it needed.

"I said, 'That's the fellow.' So they handcuffed him and then put him, they said they're putting him in jail. I'm very happy," Klotz said.

Adams is now out on bond, and Klotz said she is not pleased about that.

Residents are warned not to let anyone into their homes and to go to a reputable repair shop if their cars need work.

--------------

oh

my

god.......