Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: ATo, My first play-a-long (turn)

I would raise. I think he has a T and don't doesn't to give a freecard.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: ATo, My first play-a-long (river)

Hopefully, I won't botch this play-a-long. It seemed like a good hand since a little while back there was so much discussion about ATo. I have some PT stuff to mix in as well based on that discussion.

UTG+1 (23/3/5) He was playing more like a LAG at the point of this hand. My point here is the stats don't really seem to be reflecting his playing. In a previous session he was almost rockish.

MP3 (39/13/3) is just flat out a LAG, but he's a thinking LAG. He keeps chatting about odds and I can tell he has a little bit of a clue, yet he will go nuts with only a small pair.

CO (30/1.1/0.8) is a calling station if I have ever seen one. Limps and coldcalls with VPIP about 30%, never raises, never bets without a near winner.

UTG+1 might be speeding a little at this point and MP3 is just trying to lock up with him. I have seen them both get tangled up with each other more than once each holding AXo. CO is just knocked around when he gets in the mix.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB checks.

I was torn at the time between raising and just calling. Raising was probably the better choice to knock out the blinds who are tight and solid.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

I figured UTG+1 might have hit the T, but I have him outkicked. MP3 may have hit something, but you never know with him. CO's call makes me a little nervous, but he's probably praying for a miracle. I 3-bet here to remove as many as possible and I feel very confident my hand is ahead at this point. Two folds is reasonable, especially MP3 who had obviously donk raised. CO is still on my mind going to the turn.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Ok. I have the villain on a Tx or he's overplaying a flush draw (saw him overplay a couple of flushes). CO is gone and now I am feeling good. As long as I can avoid the Villain from pairing up on the river or possibly hitting the flush. <font color="purple">(I apologize for this taking so long... it's been a busy day playing daddy.) </font>

River: (12.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="green"> Hero... </font>
Old 04-15-2006, 08:47 PM

Pot's big enough to call, but we're not winning here very often.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: ATo, My first play-a-long (turn)

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty easy raise here. Even if you're not ahead, you have the wheel to save your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
The wheel doesn't help us much if we get 3-betted, just call this down.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:05 PM

call... get ready to punch wall
Old 04-16-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: ATo, My first play-a-long (results)

Hopefully, I won't botch this play-a-long. It seemed like a good hand since a little while back there was so much discussion about ATo. I have some PT stuff to mix in as well based on that discussion.

UTG+1 (23/3/5) He was playing more like a LAG at the point of this hand. My point here is the stats don't really seem to be reflecting his playing. In a previous session he was almost rockish.

MP3 (39/13/3) is just flat out a LAG, but he's a thinking LAG. He keeps chatting about odds and I can tell he has a little bit of a clue, yet he will go nuts with only a small pair.

CO (30/1.1/0.8) is a calling station if I have ever seen one. Limps and coldcalls with VPIP about 30%, never raises, never bets without a near winner.

UTG+1 might be speeding a little at this point and MP3 is just trying to lock up with him. I have seen them both get tangled up with each other more than once each holding AXo. CO is just knocked around when he gets in the mix.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB checks.

I was torn at the time between raising and just calling. Raising was probably the better choice to knock out the blinds who are tight and solid.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

I figured UTG+1 might have hit the T, but I have him outkicked. MP3 may have hit something, but you never know with him. CO's call makes me a little nervous, but he's probably praying for a miracle. I 3-bet here to remove as many as possible and I feel very confident my hand is ahead at this point. Two folds is reasonable, especially MP3 who had obviously donk raised. CO is still on my mind going to the turn.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Ok. I have the villain on a Tx or he's overplaying a flush draw (saw him overplay a couple of flushes). CO is gone and now I am feeling good. As long as I can avoid the Villain from pairing up on the river or possibly hitting the flush. <font color="purple">(I apologize for this taking so long... it's been a busy day playing daddy.) </font>

River: (12.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I am calling down here since JT always seems to be a popular holding amongst donks and the pot is big enough to call here. His stop-n-go plays just seem to scream he is losing... when I hit the button part of me says,"you should have raised his [censored] again!!".

Final Pot: 14.25 BB.

UTG+1 has As 2h (a pair of twos.)
Hero has Ac Ts (a pair of tens.)
<font color="green"> Hero wins with a pair of tens. </font>
Old 04-16-2006, 02:23 PM

bump
Old 04-16-2006, 03:00 PM

I think this hand is perfect.