Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Three Handed Pushing Ranges--Live 75+15

There's a bit of background to this hand. So, for the past three levels or so, I had been leaning on this guy who is in the SB. He grew visibly irritated, but didn't stand up to me.

In addition, because of my own negligence, I exposed my hand in an all-in situation because I thought everyone had already mucked. We were six-handed at this point. I was put in the "penalty box" for ten minutes. When I returned I had lost about 30% of my stack, but had moved up in the payout.

So, here's the hand: blinds t5000/10000 t500 ante (t16500 in the pot to start). I have about 80 dimes and the SB (the guy I've been leaning on) has about 170 dimes. If it matters the button has about 90 dimes.

I look down and see A6o in the BB. The button folds and the SB makes it 40 dimes to go. I think several things: (a)if he were trying to break me, wouldn't he try and trap me? (b)Given (a), he is likely playing with weaker hands than his previously tight play would suggest.

So, I tapped for 50 dimes more. Here's the thing: FE wasn't even a part of my calculation (he's getting like 2.6-1 on this call). My plan is to win the showdown.

Does this make sense? Thanks for any insight.

--AD
Old 04-16-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Three Handed Pushing Ranges--Live 75+15

STICK IT IN

his range is probably huge. assuming "dimes" are thousands
Old 04-16-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Three Handed Pushing Ranges--Live 75+15

Thanks. That's what I thought, but whenever I bust I leave second guessing. Just being results oriented.

--AD