Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Did I Get Screwed?

Last night, after coming home from a baseball game with a few friends, we decided to play some pong at my apartment, which I share with a friend who went to the game with us. We played 3 games, and I felt fine, but everyone started needling me for not drinking fast enough, so of course I started drinking faster at the end of game 3.

Now, being the lightweight that I am, I wasn't really sure I could play anymore, but decided to give it a try. Since we are all degenerates, someone suggested we bet $100 per team on the 4th game, and specifically $50 per person, which makes sense. After they made the first cup, I started to drink it, and immediately felt it coming back up, but tried in vein to chug it anyway, to avoid further needling.

I then felt fine for about 30 seconds, then ran to the bathroom and puked everywhere. While I was trying to clean it up, my partner agreed to play solo, and at that point I didn't really care, since he kept saying he had a better chance without me (He made maybe 3-4 more cups than me combined in the 3 games). After getting housed without me, an agrument insued about payment for the bet. Everyone basically said that me puking didn't matter since we agreed before the game to bet $50 per person. But my partner said I should have to cover his $50 bet since it left him at a disadvantage. I was pretty drunk and couldn't really make my argument, and ended up paying the $100 for our team. I guess I let down the team by not being there, but I have a feeling that if he would have won, I wouldn't have been paid my $50. Thoughts?
Old 04-15-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Did I Get Screwed?

Did you get screwed? Obv. These are not your friends if they are going to take advantage of your drunken state and screw you out of $50. You did owe your own 50, but you certainly did not owe your partner's 50. If he was still throwing a ball for himself and for you, then he was not at a disadvantage at all, save for having to drink it all himself. Maybe throw in $5 for that fact, but you definitely don't have to pay his whole 50. Ridiculous.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:53 PM

Your "friend" is trying to weasel out of paying his share, by saying he was at a disadvantage even though he clearly stated prior to that, that he would "do better" without you...

...you definatley owe your 50 no questions asked, but dont give him [censored] for his half

...If Shaun Alexander would have been injured in the 1st quarter of the Super Bowl would he have been responsible to cover the rest of the teams $$ they lost by not winning, an injury or puking in beer pong is part of the game

...and get new friends
Old 04-15-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone started needling me for not drinking fast enough, so of course I started drinking faster

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man, what are you, 15? [censored] what other people say.

These guys are douchebags anyway. If you had more self-esteem you might have better friends.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:09 PM

new friends, yes you're getting screwed
Old 04-15-2006, 01:11 PM

The only people that got screwed here are the rest of humanity because you puked before the alcohol poisoning could take effect.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:28 PM

Like everyone else said, they're not your friends. I think you can kiss your 50 good bye because he likely won't pay you back, further proving that he's not a real friend. Don't start a fight with them because enemies aren't needed, but never trust these douchebags.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:43 PM

Your "friend's" are dicks. Me and my friends like to gamble on random crap like this, and i'm pretty sure in this scenario we would have just called the bet off, unless it was significantly far into the game.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:48 PM

You got really lucky here. For the cheap price of $100 you realized these people are not worth your time. Never talk to them again.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:53 PM

What part of "team" and "$50 per person" do your "friends" not understand?