Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 01:07 PM

Default KK multiway with A - bet turn and/or river?

Full Tilt Poker ($0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15.5 SB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (10.25 BB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Old 04-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: KK multiway with A - bet turn and/or river?

It's probably a toss up of whether a turn bet is going to do any good. With this many people in checking down is ok.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably a toss up of whether a turn bet is going to do any good. With this many people in checking down is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Initially this looked like a turn bet to me, but with so many callers a check is good.

NH.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker ($0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15.5 SB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

River: (10.25 BB) [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

*Grunch*

I probably bet the turn and check it through on the river. There's a lot of possible draws out there and you can't give away a free card. No one has shown aggression yet and you might likely have the best hand.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:28 PM

bet the turn and river
Old 04-15-2006, 01:33 PM

*grunch*

bet the turn and bet the river. the turn bet will force anyone on a flush draw into paying and cut down the field, the river bet has seen no action and a bet here may force a weak Ace into folding a better hand. Bit too weak for me.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:18 PM

Why do you really want to cut down the field? You probably have anyone who folds crushed, and you're not in good shape against anyone who calls you. They might be donkeys, but you know what they say about blind squirrels. I think this hand is good. Fewer people, and yes, I do bet.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:34 PM

Does it make it a difference whether we close the action or not?
Leading the turn doesn't seem right with 4 callers on the flop.
Against which draws do we hope to protect our hands against? I can't see them. On the flop my opponents are getting 1-15, on the turn 1-10.5

So I can't protect my hand by betting. Does that mean our foldequity is 0%?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:15 PM

I think after it gets checked through on the turn and river, you have to bet for value. I can't see a person holding an ace checked through twice.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think after it gets checked through on the turn and river, you have to bet for value. I can't see a person holding an ace checked through twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree if hero had 1 or maybe 2 opponents, but against 4 players you're going to see something like A4o far too often here.