Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Re: The drive from LA to LV...

[ QUOTE ]
Anything exciting to see on the way? Anything I should know? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worlds biggest thermometer in Baker. Stop at the Bun Boy if you are hungry. Go to Death Valley if you want a side trip.

Stop in Primm and ride that big rollercoaster. They also have some kind of car collection there.

Stop in Gene at the Gold Strike. Anyone can be a high roller there.

Outlet malls along the way for those who must buy stuff along the way. Pick your poisen. There is one at almost every city along the way.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One time, years ago, I started the Sunday night drive back from Vegas DEAD tired and knew I'd be falling asleep at the wheel all the way home. I ducked into Gold Strike for a $19 room and the lady at the front desk asked if I had a players card. I said no and she told me to fill out an application and I'd get the room for free. I gave them $0 of action and crashed. Never been back. I can't think of any reason to spend the night there except to avoid a sleepy wreck on the 15.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One time, years ago, I started the Sunday night drive back from Vegas DEAD tired and knew I'd be falling asleep at the wheel all the way home. I ducked into Gold Strike for a $19 room and the lady at the front desk asked if I had a players card. I said no and she told me to fill out an application and I'd get the room for free. I gave them $0 of action and crashed. Never been back. I can't think of any reason to spend the night there except to avoid a sleepy wreck on the 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good story. My mom and dad stopped there one morning on the way home and there was a table in the dining room (buffet) with a table cloth and linens. My dad asked about this and was told they had a high roller. The breakfast was 99c for NY steak and eggs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good story. My mom and dad stopped there one morning on the way home and there was a table in the dining room (buffet) with a table cloth and linens. My dad asked about this and was told they had a high roller. The breakfast was 99c for NY steak and eggs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not proud of it, but I had to stay at the Nevada Landing about a year ago after my car got a flat near Primm and I forgot to replace the spare.

The room (while $29) was god awful, I slept in my clothes, I didn't even use the shower, it looked like a prison shower (not that I would know).
Old 04-14-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not proud of it, but I had to stay at the Nevada Landing about a year ago after my car got a flat near Primm and I forgot to replace the spare.

The room (while $29) was god awful, I slept in my clothes, I didn't even use the shower, it looked like a prison shower (not that I would know).

[/ QUOTE ]

The NL makes the Gold Strike look like the Mandalay Bay. I like the Gold Strike and I like stopping there for a few hands of cheap blackjack and a place to have a bio break.