Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Alright Give it To Me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While you didn't specifically list it as an issue, I wonder how aware you are of letting other players cancel each other out. A HUGE leak in my game was trying to play the FT 8 vs. 1. I am now delighted to see the mids & shorties tangle if I have a stack. Very +EV for me with no risk!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why I immediately regretted tangling with the other big stack... I could have folded every hand in the dark for the next 15 minutes, and placed 4th at worst, just by letting the shorties knock eachother around. Instead, I let my chip-gathering rush get to my head, and I'm making silly moves against the only player that can really hurt me...

[/ QUOTE ]

I make similar mistakes when I have a good stack at FTs. Try to accumlate to just dominate the table and next thing you know...goodbye.

When I reach a FT and find that the big stack is a couple spots on my left, I immediately entertain the idea that he will not want me raising through him that much and decide how I will handle that. I don't mind your aggressive play early (although, as noted, the size of your PF raises was too much), but if the big stack has position on you, use the information you gather from the two hands to build a plan on how to handle him (or avoid him). He called you first hand, reraised you second. Its only two hands, but it is all the informaiton you have at this point. He could be sending a message that he won't let you push him around; thats not the kind of person you want to take KQ to the virtual felt with. Fold and use the information to either avoid him and learn to play against him OOP.