Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 06:29 PM

Default 20/40 Reno Peppermill

I am a 4/8 player taking a shot at the 10/20 that turned into a 20/40 at 5pm. I still had chips so I stayed.

I am the BB w/KK. Suits don't matter.

It is folded around to the button who raises.

The button sat down 2hr ago and built a large stack. He was aggressive but not maniac. I took him as a good player that said he played 80-160 in Vegas. I didn't take him as a liar. He knew some of the regulars and they didn't dispute his claim. I don't recall seeing him show down a hand, everyone folded to him before the river or he mucked on the river. He folded to aggression so I didn't take him as a chaser.

The small blind folded and I 3-bet. Button called.

The flop is A 8 5 rainbow. I bet, button calls.

The turn is a 2. I bet, button raises. I .......
Old 04-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: 20/40 Reno Peppermill

cry. How awesome is that game at the peppermill. I have such fond memories of the peppermill, it kickstarted my professional poker player career.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:30 AM

you check call the turn and check call the river.

when you check, he knows you dont have an ace and WILL bet worse hands.

anyways...

how have you been playing in the last two hours? has he been paying attention to you? what have you shown down? have you called a lot of raises on big streets etc. all of these factors should dictate what you should do, and yea its a crappy spot so next time check call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2006, 07:56 AM

Hey Scott,

this hand is somewhat similar to the hand Daver posted here. The pot sizes and flop texture are a bit different, but you really don't want to get outplayed by the pro. That said, I think you have to fold once he raises, given that you showed so much strength pf.

With regards to pf, I think you might have been better off just calling the pf raise, and check/raising most flops. That's because this player will usually give you credit for a big hand when you 3-bet, and will therefore only give you action when theres a good chance you are beat. By simply calling pf, you make it more difficult for him to read your hand, which makes it more likely that you'll get paid off by a worse hand.

-Alex
Old 04-14-2006, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the responses. I think it was read dependent on a fold or check/call to river. I chose to fold and later the guy said he had AK. I was having a really bad session with everyone getting 22-1 and even 42-1 shots on me. I never had a chance to settle into the game and lost way to much of my bankroll.

The game is very soft and that is why I keep taking shots when I should wait until I build a bigger roll. If you are in the area this game is a gold mine. PM me if you are comming to town, my bankroll may be up for another shot.