Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Canada Sucks *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
Why does how cute an animal is have anything to do with if it's ok to kill. There was a good article in Maclean's about how seal hunting is very necessary and good from pretty much every point of view. (except Pam Anderson's)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please re-read my posts. I'm not sure how you could have missed the fact that I stated exactly what you just pointed out.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Canada Sucks

[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY, you damn tree hugging hippie.
Lets punish the people who have nothing to do with the seal hunt. I bet this petition was started by competition fisherman. People hunt and kill animals all the time, this is a tradition in the country and you are entitled to your opinion on it, but have no right to condemn it or to try and stop it. Perhaps, you should not interefere with the culture of other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make up your mind. Either he's entitled to his opinion, or he has no right to condemn it.

As to interfering in the culture of other people, how do you feel about female circumcision? Or ritual murder, if it is sanctioned by local religions? The Brits outlawed the Thugee's in India; would you?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good generalization you worthless American sack of [censored]. Twin towers down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irrespective of what the original post said, you're a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me crazy, but I value people more than seals. If you wanna talk insensitive ...
Old 04-14-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I deleted the post because from the two responses it had, it looked like it was just going to be a Troll post. I imagined that people would take the title of the thread light heartedly, but apparently I was mistaken.

I wouldn't really care if they were thinning the herd by taking out aging, adult seals, but clubbing baby seals is horrible. I guess my viewpoint on the issue comes down as to whether or not you like veal or not.

Eating veal = wrong
Eating normal beef = delicious

Eating or wearing a baby seal = wrong
Eating or wearing an adult seal = OK

That's where I stand anyway. I did not mean to condemn an entire nation or insult your patriotism with the thread title, I did it as a light hearted jest.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only real difference between killing a baby seal and killing and adult seal is that the baby is cuter. Dead is dead. I think it's fair to assume that if there were still natural predators left to eat the seals, that the babies would be the most likely to get eaten (as happens in other similar predator-prey relationships).

And the real money is in the baby seal fur, not the meat. It makes the hunt economically worthwhile. And if it wasn't economically worthwhile, the seals would still have to be culled in some way.

I do agree with your point, though, it's a pretty sad thing to have to watch. I couldn't kill a baby seal (or a baby anything, really). And I refuse to eat veal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Killing seals under 1 month old is illegal and had been for 20 years. Looks like going back and reading your posts wasn't that helpful
Old 04-14-2006, 02:35 AM

Don't worry guys, it doesn't really matter where he's from. There are stupid people everywhere.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:36 AM

I just wanted to iterate that canada does not suck, it infact owns. In case there was any confusion.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I deleted the post because from the two responses it had, it looked like it was just going to be a Troll post. I imagined that people would take the title of the thread light heartedly, but apparently I was mistaken.

I wouldn't really care if they were thinning the herd by taking out aging, adult seals, but clubbing baby seals is horrible. I guess my viewpoint on the issue comes down as to whether or not you like veal or not.

Eating veal = wrong
Eating normal beef = delicious

Eating or wearing a baby seal = wrong
Eating or wearing an adult seal = OK

That's where I stand anyway. I did not mean to condemn an entire nation or insult your patriotism with the thread title, I did it as a light hearted jest.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only real difference between killing a baby seal and killing and adult seal is that the baby is cuter. Dead is dead. I think it's fair to assume that if there were still natural predators left to eat the seals, that the babies would be the most likely to get eaten (as happens in other similar predator-prey relationships).

And the real money is in the baby seal fur, not the meat. It makes the hunt economically worthwhile. And if it wasn't economically worthwhile, the seals would still have to be culled in some way.

I do agree with your point, though, it's a pretty sad thing to have to watch. I couldn't kill a baby seal (or a baby anything, really). And I refuse to eat veal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Killing seals under 1 month old is illegal and had been for 20 years. Looks like going back and reading your posts wasn't that helpful

[/ QUOTE ]

So seals 2 months old aren't babies? He is right, btw.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If its ok to kill cows, why isn't it ok to kill seals. And if killing an animal is ok, what's wrong with inflicting pain on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't need to inflict pain in order to kill the animal, why inflict the pain? Seems like a no-brainer to me. Unless you're a sadist, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since we don't need to kill seals (or any animal for food), according to you its a no-brainer to not kill it. But, are you a veggie?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to iterate that canada does not suck, it infact owns. In case there was any confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

"infact owns" what?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The moderator has already been notified about this post.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Enjoy your banning.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

Though i thought the statement was disgusting. Do your rights of freedom of speech only apply to Americans.

Seal Hunt does not thrill me. Also it is not done for food but the skin that is used in fur coats