Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Girls and Crappy Music

I lied one time and told a girl I liked the Creed concert we went to on our second date -

thank god we broke up before she bought me a CD -

RB
Old 04-13-2006, 02:28 AM

Answer honestly. But avoid sounding like a grump by responding with something you like. And it will help if you add a little sugar on top as to why you like it. "Nah, they don't do it for me. I just went to the <good music> show last week, and their stage precense was impressive."
Old 04-13-2006, 02:38 AM

Everyone has their limit, but Creed is in another level of crappiness compared to Lifehouse, DMB, etc.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:44 AM

When she brings up a lame band, roll your eyes in an "oh my god, the memories" type of way and laugh a bit.

She'll say "what? what's so funny?"

You say "oh, no way can I tell you. It's just that that band reminds me of something."

She'll become curious and ask you to tell her.

You say "no, really, I can't. It's kind of a sexual thing and I don't think you want to be hearing my sex stories already."

Of course she'll beg you and the conversation will turn all bubbly and flirty and interesting.

Then you tell her a story about some insane blow job that you got while somehow doing something remotely having to do with the lame band.

Then... for the rest of your relationship... whenever she mentions, thinks of, or hears her favorite band... she will think of you getting a blow job. Something good rates to happen because of that stupid band.

That, my friends, is called game.

Irieguy
Old 04-13-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anacardo,

I notice you said cheesy [train] "themed" music. Does that mean that cheesy theme music is OK? Because I think the A-Team theme song would work well.

You guys should speak to Boris, he's a big fan of trains.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not terribly keen on getting it on to music under any circumstances. Please do not construe my earlier comments as wishes of intent; they are, rather, limits. Boris can chime in if he wants, I guess. This conversation is rapidly spinning out of control.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really, truly [censored] taste in music is very nearly deal-breaking territory, in and of itself. To me, awful taste in music, books and film is a huge red flag about a person's aesthetic sense and overall intelligence. Maybe that makes me a [censored] douchebag, but it definitely seems to be an ironclad rule of girl selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely put.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:06 AM

I tell them how I feel. If they ask if I like fall out boy or some crap I am not afraid to say "I absolutely hate them" or the slightly more tactful "I would not listen to them voluntarily"
Old 04-13-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really, truly [censored] taste in music is very nearly deal-breaking territory, in and of itself. To me, awful taste in music, books and film is a huge red flag about a person's aesthetic sense and overall intelligence. Maybe that makes me a [censored] douchebag, but it definitely seems to be an ironclad rule of girl selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely put.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it better when I heard it the first time...in High Fidelity

[ QUOTE ]
I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films -- these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the damn truth, and by this measure I was having one of the best dates of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-13-2006, 09:46 AM

Do her sisters or mom like better music?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely put.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it better when I heard it the first time...in High Fidelity

[ QUOTE ]
I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films -- these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the damn truth, and by this measure I was having one of the best dates of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked your avatar better when I saw it the first time... At the nerd convention. Nerd. Linger.