Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: **American Idol Finals: Music of Queen

It looks like people are finally starting to agree on the correct top 3. Taylor has been edging up, and is getting closer to a correct valuation. He should be closer, after gaining tonight, due to either Kat or Chris being in the bottom 3. Kat is still drastically overvalued. What is amusing is that although the long-term markets have correctly identified Taylor>Kat, the last-longer props have Kat>Taylor. Taylor at even money is a great deal there. That particular prop has swung back and forth, with a decent amount of money obviously coming in on both sides, but the Kat-backers will find themselves disappointed.

The real bargain continues to be Kellie Pickler, who people still drastically undervalue because they do not like her, and her voice is not one of the best. People were missing out on Taylor when he was in the teens, and they are missing out on Kellie now. She has polled better than Chris every single week, for the last 5 weeks straight.

The producers are obviously pimping her each and every week, and have instructed the judges to take it easy on her. She is obviously one of Simon's favorites, and receives lighter criticism or more praise than she is due. She is from the South where people are fanatically voting for her. She has had her sob story played up, where others have not.

Her dear old dad will be released from prison right before the Top 3 week. Hmmm, you think there's any chance the producers who pimp Kellie every opportunity they get, will play this story up and garner her further sympathy and voting? Ratings bonanza as Kellie cries her eyes out at seeing her poor pappy free at last.

Yes, Kellie is clearly the most undervalued contestant. She is easily the strongest female left (largest fanbase and voting-wise), has never been in the bottom 3, and was grouped together with other leading vote-getters Taylor and Chris. But somehow she is going for half of Kat's price, although Kat has already been B3 and has a strong chance of being there tonight as well. It's evident what the correct market play is. If you haven't already, it's time to [apologies in advance] Pick Pickler.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:34 PM

My top and worst based on last night's performance.

Top:
Kat
Paris
Bucky

Meh:
Chris
Elliot

Worst:
Ace
Kellie
Taylor

Who I want to win it all:
Kat, paris, kellie or bucky

Who should go:
Ace, taylor, chris

Undecided: Elliot

I'm really starting to get bored by chris. He pulls the same
performance every single week. Ace is flat out annoying. If Taylor wins, I'm quitting poker.

I don't really have a clear cut favourite this year. Maybe Kat but the others are really close. I like them all.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:58 PM

As they announce the bottom three, bottom two, last place etc., if someone would post results that would be fantastic.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:10 PM

Elliott bottom three
Old 04-12-2006, 09:17 PM

Man how much money did people lose on Ace so far, I just remember him starting at 19?
~Justin
Old 04-12-2006, 09:18 PM

Ace is done.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:18 PM

add Ace to bottom three
Old 04-12-2006, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man how much money did people lose on Ace so far, I just remember him starting at 19?
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet most are too ashamed to admit it.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:23 PM

The real question people have to look at from here on is who picks up the dead money's votes when they are KO'd. I think there is a "decent" chance that you see Kellie and Taylor go final two for this reason. Chris has about maxed out his demographic, so we shall see if it can coast him to victory, but dont look for him to last much longer. On another note, whoever DOESNT get eliminated out of Elliot/Ace should get a small bump and get 2 weeks before they get KO'd. That is assuming one of them goes before Bucky or Paris.
~Justin
Old 04-12-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost about a C-note on him, 5 shares. That said I actually thought his version of We Will Rock You was fairly good and one of the better performances of an otherwise horrible night. The show seems to be giving him the shaft however. Even Randy and Paula weren't complimetary towards him last night. Oh well. Go Tayolr aka my Grey Haired Gravy Train.