Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Random Thougts About Schneids

Been reading through some posts since schneids made his score. Caught a whiff of the good old "donkey who made a score so now he's a WCP" attitude in spots. The tall poppy getting cut down syndrome and all.

I played in the 30 with him at Canterberry Park last winter. Only about five sessions but he made an impression.

Solid. And I mean that in the best sense of the term, not as a left handed compliment meaning "non-creative". Made good decisions. Saved bets when he needed to and got in extras when it was appropriate. Calm, focused, and very personable. Took his beats like a man and stacked his winners quitely without a trace of the old "I AM THE MAN!!!!" arrogance of a lot of younger guys. It was my impression that this calm confidence came from a superior conceptual understanding of the game. Very different from the obvious boiler plate approach so many of the "successful" younger players employ in Limit HE.

I believe he will be very successful at whatever level he decides to call his eventual home. I would not be suprised if this is ultimately some of the biggest mixed games in the world.

I base this on limited copntact with Schneids but extensive contact with competent professional gamblers for over 20 years. My compliments don't come lightly and he made that big of an impression. Forget Dustin and Matusow and guys of their ilk. I think comparisons to Ted Forrest and Chip will prove to be more appropriate.

My grilfriend is right, performing fellatio can get tiresome [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Well played and good look to you Schneids.

FJM [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Random Thougts About Schneids

hahaha he got so owned. someone moved this from high stakes into the stock market forum
Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 AM

Quick corecction. The penultimate line of my post is a bit misleading. I didn't mean to imply that my girlfriend EVER performs fellatio, at least not on me. Twoplustwo is the home of accuracy and honesty. Just wanted to clear that up.

FJM
Old 04-12-2006, 12:24 PM

Whoops I totally moved this here by accident. Meant to go to news, views, gossip.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:35 PM

Thanks Sqred, those are some very kind words! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]