Old 04-11-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Hero\'s play? PLO8 $100

Omaha Hi/Low $1-$2 PL (real money), hand #353,573,578
Table York, 11 Apr 2006 8:05 PM ET

Seat 1: Dave Derrig
Seat 2: percusman
Seat 3: bonds4life
Seat 4: glMuppets
Seat 5: Hero [ 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Seat 6: The_Suit_
Seat 7: GVAZ
Seat 8: Kimkarim12
Seat 9: RhinoK2
ANTES/BLINDS
Hero posts blind ($1), The_Suit_ posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
GVAZ calls $1, Kimkarim12 folds, RhinoK2 folds, Dave Derrig calls $1, percusman folds, bonds4life folds, glMuppets folds, Hero checks, The_Suit_ checks.

FLOP [board cards J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Hero bets $4, The_Suit_ folds, GVAZ folds, Dave Derrig bets $16, jasnlass calls $12.

TURN [board cards J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Hero checks, Dave Derrig bets $36, Hero?

Dave was playing loose and agressive in previous hands. He could have any two pair here. I thought the top two pair + straight draw was okay to call the flop. I think this is a fold here, though, because there are too many ways to lose on the river.

Correct?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Hero\'s play? PLO8 $100

It's nice that you flopped two pair and an open-ended straight draw, on the turn, the 7 of diamonds just opens up too many possibilities - low draw, new straight draw, flush draw, another trips opportunity. Dave makes it seem likely that he either has trips or a nut flush draw, but he could be full of air. You need to make the choice that you are confident in here.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Not sure I'd stick around after the flop, top two pair and open ended is sure nice, but you were open ended to either a straight that will allow a low, or a straight that will allow for a higher straight to be made (the curse of the 9). Tough call on the turn, especially with no low possiblity and the fact that the low will hit 24% of the time on the river, and that the diamond flush will hit another 1/4 of the time, and you are drawing to either an 8 a king a jack or a queen to make your hand which will happen 24% of the time, and you can't trust the king, cause it wouldn't surprise me to see him flip over AT either.

Think this is a close hand, but I'd personally fold the flop, or just check/call.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:40 AM

I played at that table last night a little later.

With the probablity that you're facing all-in pot bet on the river with a call.

I'd fold. His betting smells like a set or an overplayed AAXX.