Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite GnR band member?
Axl Rose 49 25.26%
Slash 119 61.34%
Duff McKagan 7 3.61%
Izzy Stradlin 12 6.19%
Steve Adler 2 1.03%
Matt Sorum 2 1.03%
Dizzy Reed 0 0%
other 3 1.55%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Re: uncircumcised men...how to tell women

It strikes me as bizarre that people think they can "improve" on nature. Talk about chutzpah!
Old 04-12-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ChipWrecked,
You're obviously failing to consider the fact that circumcised men feel no pleasure during sex.
- mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 04-12-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ChipWrecked,
You're obviously failing to consider the fact that circumcised men feel no pleasure during sex.
- mark

[/ QUOTE ]

They definately feel pleasure, just not nearly as much as uncircumcised guys. It's like having sex with a pussy in another pussy!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm circumsized. If I have a boy, I won't be having him circumsized. I just think it's pointless and painful to the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this an incredibly difficult decision to make for my son.

Before he was born I was 100% sure I would have it done but the more I read about it the less convinced I was. Turns out that some of the skin that is cut off ("inner foreskin") is chock full of nerve endings, it's not just a flap of normal skin.

Depending on how the procedure is done different ratios of outer and inner foreskin are removed. The farther the scar is from the end the better since that means less inner foreskin was removed. (btw, the scar is the darkish ring).

Also the end is totally different because with the foreskin the tip is a mucous membrane (like inside your mouth), whereas without it is dry. I had no idea about this until researching it for my son.

The main reason to have it done is that "everyone else is doing it". But that's no longer true of this generation so there's no compelling reason anymore.

On balance I decided he could always get it done later if he wanted but he couldn't get it un-done.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:56 AM

Intersting read.

To Bison, correct decision, I think you are with the majority (even though some on this forum don't think so.)

To all, you guys should watch the Penn and Teller B.S. episode on circumcision. It is really interesting and chalk full of information. I found it strange that there are men who want to get their foreskin back, but I can't blame them.

From what that episode said, and from what I've read, foreskin contains very sensitive skin cells that make sex much more pleasurable.

And for those of you who didn't know, and I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned, circumcision came about because people beleived that if you cut the skin off the tip of the penis that boys would not want to masturbate. It is related in a way to female circumcision (although not nearly as grotsque or butal) But that is how it came about. People thought that if a male was cut, he wouldn't be nearly as horny without the tip skin. Read up on it if you want.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:00 AM

This subject came up on another forum to which I belonged, one that was as overwhelmingly female as OOT is male. I was really quite surprised at the large number of women who expressed disgust and revulsion at the sight of an uncircumcised penis. It's only a little piece of skin, for heaven's sake. Every single American man whose penis I have seen (and there have been many) has been circumcised--these would be men ranging in current age from about 70 to mid- to late-twenties. Certainly when the boys I went to school with were born, they were routinely circumcised. My mother-in-law said that she wasn't even asked if she wanted her sons circumcised--the babies were taken away and brought back cut.

OTOH all the European men I know well enough to know are uncut, except one who had to be circumcised for medical reasons just as he was entering puberty. He reports this as very traumatic. It was painful and, worse, mortifying.

Jews circumcise because circumcision is the biblically-mandated sign of the covenant (contract) between God and Israel. By circumcising his son, a Jewish father indicates on his son's behalf that his son is a party to that contract. At the time of his Bar Mitzvah, the boy becomes a party to that contract on his own behalf. Obviously this reason for circumcision is relevant only to Jews. Several Jewish boys I went to school with were born in Europe during WWII, and they were left uncircumcised and given "Catholic" names like Anthony and Patrick to hide them from the Nazis. When they came to the United States, they were circumcised.

There are of course other groups which circumcise for various reasons. This includes Muslims and some of the peoples of Africa (who circumcise as part of initiation rituals). There are no compelling medical reasons to circumcise on a routine basis, but occasionally the procedure is deemed medically necessary or advisable. I know a few men who have had to undergo circumcision for such reasons, and they did not find it pleasant.

In recent years the incidence of routine infant circumcision in the United States has been dropping due to the outcry against female circumcision--which is in all its forms a much more drastic procedure than male circumcision.Some American Jews have even begun to question ritual circumcision on the basis that Judaism forbids the causing of pain and the mutilation of the body (Judaism forbids tattoos and autopsies, for example, although traditional Jewish women have a history of piercing their ears). However, the Torah contains a direct commandment to circumcise sons on the eighth day, so IMO opinion the argument against ritual circumcision doesn't fly.

BTW since Jesus was resurrected, the only relics he left behind were objects with which he came in contact (like the Lance and the Grail and pieces of the True Cross)--except for his foreskin. There were so many foreskins of Christ venerated in medieval Europe that one does wonder about Jesus' anatomy. The Feast of the Circumcision was celebrated eight days after Christmas.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 AM

LOL,

I think we all knew that your presence here was only a matter of time. So, cut to the chase. Ed: Cut or uncut?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:04 AM

Guys.

GUYS.

In time, 95% of the boys born in the states will be uncircumsized, and then we can fret over boys getting dickjobs as gifts from their parents for high school graduation.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:05 AM

Bison,

Baked like a mu'ahfuggah?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:09 AM

Baked like a mu'ahfuggah?

You'd be surprised.

Which is a pretty ambivalent answer if you think about it.