Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 05:27 PM

Default How much action would you give

Vilain doesn't look great, he was an unknown to me at the time. 50 hands or so on him. So far, he seems on the loose side for short handed (35% vpip). He doesn't know where the fold button is (60% WTSD/ 38% won at SD). He has done strange stuff, raising JJ on the turn with a flopped KQ vs 2 opponents with no redraw, stuff like that.

Is it too aggro on the turn to 3 bet this kind of average player?

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font> ..

Standard ?
Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: How much action would you give

yes, standard, but if he caps the turn obviously check/call the river.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:31 PM

I think call the turn raise and then either of c/r river (against aggro people you are expecting aren't just raising turn for free showdown) or bet/call river are better than bet 3-bet turn.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:23 PM

Aren't we missing value against some of his range like KK/QQ that he might want to cap for free showdown ?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:12 PM

Would your check/raise or bet/call on river play still not work if you were to 3 bet and he caps turn? Can we really put him that much on a hand that beats us instead of KK?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would your check/raise or bet/call on river play still not work if you were to 3 bet and he caps turn? Can we really put him that much on a hand that beats us instead of KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet-3bet the turn and got capped I am probably check calling or else bet-calling the river. But yeah, I think it's starting to become v possible he capped PF with a ten or else some PP that made a boat.