Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Stars $5.50 +RA hand

First, I cannot get a converter to work for me at all. Is there some trick I'm simply missing? I take a Stars hand history, copy it into any of the recommended converters around this joint and I get essentially nothing from the parse. I'm using the hand history from e-mail as I don't think Stars stores it locally on the HD, correct? Anyway...

Stars $5.50 +RA tourney today. Just after the first break, blinds at 75/150. The table (obviously) tightened up after the rebuy period expired after an hour of typically wild action. Relevant stacks:

UTG + 1: 8640
Cutoff: 8835
SB: 7335
Hero (BB): 5250

Blinds are 75/150, no ante yet.

Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Action: UTG Folds. UTG + 1 raises to 450. Fold to cutoff, who calls 450. Button folds. SB pushes for 7335 chips.

Hero ???
Old 04-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Stars $5.50 +RA hand

I am much much much more worried bout the UTG+1 raiser than I am the pusher also I am not at all worried about the cutoff. most people wouldn't open push AA or KK in this spot, his range is probably something like 77-JJ AJ+ which we are ahead of not even taking into account the dead money in the pot. The only thing that would sway my decision on whether or not to call this is how tight I think UTG+1 was, if I decide he could raise even UTG+1 with something like JTs, or KQo, or 44, I call, if I decide he is pretty tight and would need at least JJ+ to raise UTG+1 I fold.

Cheers!
John
Old 04-10-2006, 02:47 PM

Easy fold. You got a raiser, a caller and a re-raiser. You think at worst your a coinflip, your not, the initial raiser probably has an ace or a king, maybe both, there are two of your six outs, the caller also has a similar situation, KQ, maybe AJ, regardless, the SB who pushes i would go with a pocket pair (doesnt matter low or high pocket) and know that with several people holding each others outs here he is much better than a coinflip, probably 3:2 or so. So, IMHO, fold. (Especially because the initial raiser could have a monster, ya never know)
Old 04-10-2006, 02:50 PM

Stars can store HH locally. Go to the Instant Hand History window and under options you can enable it.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:13 PM

Many thanks.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:15 PM

You have plenty of chips, just fold. Even if you didn't, this isn't really a good spot with people behind you to act, including the EP raiser.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:16 PM

should be an easy fold here, UTG raise with a r/r infront of you... you don't wanna go three handed and at the best your looking at a coinflip here. Fold and move on.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:36 PM

I did indeed fold, but thought that might have been weak tight. I just couldn't really see a call there. Glad to know I wasn't off base.

FWIW, SB took the pot down uncontested.

Thanks for all the feedback.