Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Fold

i double counted a few of the outs. it is only 18 outs twice. by far the correct play is still folding.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Re: 40-80 against two 2+2ers in multiple parts -- part 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, you just did. if you want to say mike l. sucks, great, but PM him or start a "mike l. sucks" thread. your post had nothing to do with the thread, and thus itisfuckinggay

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Bob, you're obviously a rough customer. See my other post about how we should try and reconcile this. Worse comes to worse, I have a feeling I'm flying out to Canterbury. Talk about a waste of airfare.

Remember something. Forum approval and acceptance is great. Looking another man in the eye and going to war, with no help from Entity or whoever, may be a little more painful than you think. Being a keyboard tough guy is great until your doorbell rings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to war? LOLzies.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh's Hand Range: AA-TT. Maybe 99-77 depending on how he feels. AK, AQ, AJs. Maybe AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 04-10-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: part 1 results, time for part 2.

Do we want to risk a free card here?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:04 PM

although it may sound hackneyed fold or raise with the emphasis on folding seeing as even if you've got the best hand there are a lot of outs against you.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have folded on the flop and not had this problem on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Or, I would have raised on the flop and found out if people behind me were going to call two cold (important IMO to test middle PPs (especially ones with the suit)) which could really help me pinpoint where I'm at.

Plus, I'm not a math guy and might be off on this, but I have a strong hunch that if you bet and get callers that the callers collectively have enough outs vs Mike's tens that his turn bet really is not showing much of an equity profit (when also factoring the XX% of the time that Mike's hand is already behind and drawing to two outs).
Old 04-10-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus Andy I want to give Mike the chance to check 3-bet the turn, so he can knock out the initial better's jack and get HU with the raiser who has black 88 or 99. I know if anyone can pull that check 3-bet off, it's Mike [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2006, 01:55 PM

Default back to the flop fold

"I would have folded on the flop"

im concerned for my game. everyone and i do mean everyone says fold the flop. yet i called. 17 bets in the pot and it's one to me. i know all the reasons to fold but...17 BETS??!! fold?? really? i just couldnt find the fold, i still sorta liked my hand. for ten bets i wouldnt like my hand anymore, but 17 i did... what's wrong with me?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:02 PM

Default results for part 2, time for part 3

so i thought forever on the turn. i was thinking gee i should bet now, but then i thought wow bugstud might be making the easiest c/r in the world now that he sees everyone has enough to call on that flop. but i finally decided to bet because the pot was big. besides if i got c/red id have an easy laydown. so i bet, josh w. called, the next guy folded, and bugstud folded.

the river was the 9s. i ???? (please pick one and explain why: c-f, c-c, b-f, b-c, c-r, b-rr, etc).
Old 04-10-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Josh's Hand Range: AA-TT. Maybe 99-77 depending on how he feels. AK, AQ, AJs. Maybe AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was assuming typical TAG 3-bet range. Mike corrected my assumption almost immediately after I posted.