Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Anyone check out The Venetian yet?

I went for the first time tonight (Sunday, around 8:30 PM) but didn't play. It is a beautiful room but they didn't have any games I wanted to play. They had about four 4/8 games and some 2/5 NL going. I wanted to play the 9/18 or 10/20, but all they had was an interest list with two names on it.

I went over to Wynn and played 8/16.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 AM

With all the people they have working the floor its hard to get a table change. You tell one person and they don't tell everyone seating players. So you have to watch the table you want a seat on or you may not get your seat change. I wonder why all the floor people are standing around. You also have to ask them for a rack. That was very anoying. I just wanted to get the fcuk out of there and I had to wait for someone to bring me racks. Of course they didn't know how many I needed and they did not bother to ask me how many I needed. A lot of people standing around with blank looks on there faces.

As far as dealers are concerned they will not be able to keep any good ones. Currently they are dealing one table and then breaking. So out of an eight hour shift they only deal for 4 hours. It's no wonder most of them are so bad. They never get into the groove because they are on break half the time.

We had a dealer named Lance (who thinks he is a good dealer) Really screw up a pot. Player Bets $100 on flop, guy goes all in for $16, 2 other players call $100. So he pulls $20 off each of the $100 stacks. Then he pulls the $80 stacks into the main pot and then gets this really stupid look on his face as he looks the the $16. Another player not even in the hand had to point out his mistake and explain to him how to fix it. He then had a similar problem in the same hand with another side pot on the river.

But, on a possitive note they did have 8 $2-5NLHE games running at one point on Saturday night.

Not to many locals there yet. Most likely they are to lazy to make the walk from the garge to the poker room. Thats why they all stopped going to the MGM.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:46 AM

Is Lance a big African American guy with a crazy pitch?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:13 PM

The mistake was that he could only go all in for 15 dollars?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:18 AM

The $5-increment NL bet got tweaked to allow the singles to play on an all-in. Guess players couldn't handle not being able to throw in the last 2-3 bucks.

All things considered the room is doing well, and it definitely should get better. Just like Caesar's, Venetian overhired on the dealers up front, and the initial numbers will weed themselves out to the core group, and likely very quickly. I wouldn't neccessarily say all the good dealers will leave... a decent amount of dealers at the V moved here from out-of-state.

As for the action, to get 15, close to 20 tables on Friday/Saturday night of the first weekend when all the major action is firmly entrentched at the Bellagio with the 5-Star, and the Wynn with it's core, is no small feat. It'll grow steadily as things come together.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:51 AM

Friday and Saturday was very nice in the room. the 2/5 is good and running strong for such a new room.
Floor staff for the most part is great, and the ones who are not great are getting better fast.
A few dealers are comming along fast, a few will not make it but over all, not a bad start at all.
I have played there everyday since last Tuesday.
One bad floor decision that was taken care of. Only one dealer that I just cold not sit and play while he was dealing.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Young (Foxwoods) is the overnight supervisor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I was wondering where Tom has been! He was on days at Foxwoods. Good guy right there.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:25 PM

thats exactly what I see there
Old 04-29-2006, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats exactly what I see there

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you making it your mission to reply to anything Venetian related with hate posts? And btw, this is not a "blog" as you so put it in another thread. This is an internet forum, learn the difference. Do you know what a troll is?