Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2006, 10:12 AM

Default Two TT hands

In hand 1 both villains are loose before the flop and could have a pretty wide range of hands here. Hand 2 was my first hand at the table (a different one from hand 1).

---

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

---

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (19.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB
Old 04-09-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Two TT hands

Hand 1: What other line is reasonable? NH

Hand 2: The stop and go on the turn would worry me also....I think you played this hand perfectly also...Just calling the river donk would have been really weak with a boat. NH
Old 04-09-2006, 10:42 AM

Grunch. I think the first one is fine, but I'm not sure if you could cap the river in second one. He might flush instead of aces full, but AT looks pretty likely too. I doubt either play is a big mistake.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:39 AM

I don't disagree with anything here.

Unless I'm not seeing something, I'm confused why a poohbah would post these two hands unless there was some hidden lesson. Are you a poohbah of the micros or a poohbah of OOT?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:29 PM

both good.
hand 1 is routine. downswing?

in hand 2, good for him if he has A7 or AT (er, we beat 77).
sometimes when i'm new at the table i'll just call the river because most people won't lead the river unless it improved them and i'm usually at weak/tight predictable tables full of relative tags. at 1/2 but i can't really put him on AQ or QQ and there are so many flushes or other aces he could play like this so in the heat of the moment i think i'd have to raise the river.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
both good.
hand 1 is routine. downswing?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, perhaps the hand is less interesting than I originally thought. The turn decision is what I was wondering about. When UTG check-3bets the flop, I have him on either pumping a draw for value or slowplaying a big hand. The T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn completes a lot of those draws. The turn raise is basically hoping UTG has 2 pair or an underset, which I think happens often enough to raise for value.

[ QUOTE ]
in hand 2, good for him if he has A7 or AT (er, we beat 77).
sometimes when i'm new at the table i'll just call the river because most people won't lead the river unless it improved them and i'm usually at weak/tight predictable tables full of relative tags. at 1/2 but i can't really put him on AQ or QQ and there are so many flushes or other aces he could play like this so in the heat of the moment i think i'd have to raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hand 2 was basically an aggression check; wasn't sure if raising the river was spew or good value. I'm pretty sure capping is bad here though.

<font color="white">For the curious, villain in hand 1 has 77, and A7 in hand 2.</font>
Old 04-09-2006, 12:49 PM

Hand 1: looks standard to me. I dont think that you should have capped the flop, if thats the question.

Hand 2: I would have been tempted to cap the river.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't sure if raising the river was spew or good value. I'm pretty sure capping is bad here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. The first river decision is marginal either way. Just do not cap.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:12 PM

Hand one is alright. If it weren't for the diamond, I'm not sure if I'd raise, though because I might want some overcalls.

hand two is fine as well.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:25 PM

Grunch.

Looks good to me.

Hand 1, I don't even get why you're posting. Pretty standard line, isn't it? Or am I missing something?

Hand 2, only question at all looks like whether you should cap the river. I think you're right not too. Villain's representing AQ.