Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Worst job?

detalising corn, nothing like being outside all day with the July sun beating down on you.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Fluffer
Old 04-08-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fluffer

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a fluffer?

<font color="white">Watch OOT. This is how you induce a bluff. There's no such thing as a fluffer. Dominic has discussed this. This guy's such a n00b. BWAHHHHH! </font>
Old 04-08-2006, 08:38 PM

The job I hated the most was temping in the collections department of a manufacturing company. I hated every second and didn't show up on the 3rd day.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:40 PM

I temped in the mailroom of an insurance company for a couple weeks. God that was hell. The tedium of the actual work, stuffing hundreds of envelopes hour after hour. The horrible pop music on the radio. The insufferably stupid, racist, sexist, classist, ignorant conversations I had to listen to. Horrible.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fluffer

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a fluffer?

<font color="white">Watch OOT. This is how you induce a bluff. There's no such thing as a fluffer. Dominic has discussed this. This guy's such a n00b. BWAHHHHH! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i like the "quote" function.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:31 PM

I guess its pretty bad when you've held two of the jobs discussed in this thread.

My first job was a go-fer for an HVAC guy. I agree, tough job, not really worth the pain and suffering.

Surfinillini, my current occupation is supervising a claims unit for a large group life/disability carrier. It's quite a stressful job. What line of insurance are you in right now that you hate?

Insurance is an occupation that you just fall into. I don't know of anyone that actually went to school "wanting to get into insurance." We are the lucky ones I guess.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surfinillini, my current occupation is supervising a claims unit for a large group life/disability carrier. It's quite a stressful job. What line of insurance are you in right now that you hate?Insurance is an occupation that you just fall into. I don't know of anyone that actually went to school "wanting to get into insurance." We are the lucky ones I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do personal lines auto, injuries ONLY...everything from minimal impact or SIU fraud claims to multi-veh policy limit demands...

the job is easy but the workload is high and the personal satisfaction is low...

it pays well but it's not something I have a desire to continue doing so it's best to stop NOW

no offense but I would hate to have a managerial job like yours, my manager's job must be hell in itself w/o having to deal with the cunty VP of claims
Old 04-08-2006, 09:55 PM

i've never had a job in my life.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:18 PM

Worst was probably cleaning dog poop back when my parents owned a kennel, pet shop, and quarantine. Many hours of it per day, impossible to keep from being smeared with sh*t all over the place. You can imagine how frustrating it was to have flies and mosquitos on you and only being able to swat at them with a sh*t-covered hand. I could barely even smell sh*t for years, I got so used to it.

A real hard one was dishwashing. I used to do that at night, and it was very hot and disgusting, plus I had to do it bent over all the time. Really hard on the back to be bent over, and lifting stuff, for five-ish hours.

Also had plenty of clerical jobs that were impossible to keep yourself from falling asleep on. Just too mind-numbingly dull. I object to people saying jobs that are mentally challenging are harder than ones that aren't. One of the main benefits of mentally challenging jobs is that they keep your brain awake and alive. You just become a "thing" if your job is boring enough, and I think it actually makes you stupider. It's really unnatural to think of nothing but data entry or whatever all day. Very much like being asleep. I can see why people cut their hands off working in chicken factories and such. It's VERY hard to concentrate if you have zero mental stimulation.

I think a lot of what characterizes bad jobs is also how rotten your boss is.