Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Important Lesson on Why You Should Never Truly Go Allin

[ QUOTE ]
This is absurd - when is your opponent ever going to allow you to remain on 1 chip?

If they have less chips, it doesn't matter. if they have more chips, they'll make you bet it.

Besides - the pot odds of your last chip are literally thousands to one - if you're folding, you're losing massive amounts of EV, except in weird situations where the payout structure is flat (eg, satellites with multiple entries for a higher tournament) and large numbers of players have already gone all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over your head as well.......Hero was able to sneak into the money with his last chip, who cares about the pot odds. With two reraises behind him Hero is likely drawing dead and the second reraiser likely has AA-QQ, if his hand holds, Hero is in the money.

We don't care if our opponents "allow us to remain at 1 chip", we will gladly call off our last chip UNLESS the exact situation happened where Hero was reraised AND then reraised again by a big stack.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hahahahahaha, come on boys, is this one of those joke posts i hear about where somebody says something obviously silly trying to show that other posters just agree with things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtains - do you remember that hand that someone postd of yours involving a mis-click, and people started debating the value of your bet and the hidden genius of your play, for about two page before you came on and announced it was simply a mis-click.

I guess JesseHam is technically correct, but the times that this -1 chip thing would actually work out for ya is SOOO RARE that it probably doesn't outweight the 1000 other times you have to type in your amount as opposed to bar sliding.

God, did I just really waste this much of my life on this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

misclick really? I don't remember. I can't believe they actually moved this thread to bad beats/variance, so ridiculous. It actually is very relevant to sit and gos.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:47 PM

Also there is the added benefit of being able to check it down like gents

Well Played
Old 04-07-2006, 11:22 PM

Not sure why this got moved into a different forum, moderators care to explain?

It seems that some posters didn't even take into account the fact that I got 3rd place (in the money) in this sit and go. The whole idea of making the raise was to give myself the added equity of sneaking into the money in case 3-4 players go all in.

Understanding that Premier generally will have a VERY strong hand to call there (AA-QQ, AK), and knowing that the other raiser/s had to have at least JJ-AA, my hand was pretty much drawing dead (5% winning expectation roughly), I have better equity in folding and hoping to sneak into the money.

More importantly I was just trying to check it down like a gentleman but obviously they were having none of it.