Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 08:02 AM

Default 15-30 Hollywood park OVERCALLLLLLL

Loose hp 15-30 game at HP....2 limpers to me i cal with QJs in cutoff.Button raises. All call. 6 to the flop of 773r.No spades. Checked around. Turn Qd putting two flush on board. SB (Supertilt) bets, BB (makes strange plays/raises and is pretty donkish) raises, EP1(uber action) calls. Action to me:
Sb could have anything(but i think i can beat his hand)
BB i put on weak Q
EP1 i put on a flush draw
I call
????? anyone like it?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: 15-30 Hollywood park OVERCALLLLLLL

You were supposed to raise preflop, and you should probably muck now. There are only so many hands they can have here, and you're running a pretty big parlay expecting all of them to have BS/Q-rag/flush draw. I guess I think your description of the players involved in this live game is too generous, because as described you have to call but I doubt that's actually right.

-Michael
Old 04-07-2006, 11:53 AM

Others may disagree, but given how the hand has played out post-flop and your reads, I raise the turn here. The pot is big enough and you want to put pressure on people with flush draws, etc. Only major concern is the button, but he presumably has AK (which is why he raised pre-flop but didn't bet the flop). You don't want to give him (or anyone else with an A or a K) a free/cheap card in a big pot. That said, if others called the raise, I would not bet the river if checked around to me.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:44 PM

raise preflop
Old 04-07-2006, 12:53 PM

i agree. vs these opponents raise preflop. here i think one of then has a 7. i think you need to fold.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:51 PM

It's interesting, because it depends on what the Turn raiser's raising requirements are. If he needs at least two pair to raise then this is an easy muck. If he needs only a flush draw to raise, then I would 3-bet. It is a bit more tricky if he raises with anykind of hand, then it would have to be 3-bet again, to make the draws to expensive. The trickiness is because he could have anything from middle pair to a slowplayed trips. A full house, he would still call, try to collect more bets from the flush draws.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:47 PM

Having played many, many hours of HP 15/30, I think that preflop is an easy raise and the turn is an easy fold.

EDIT: That came out wrong. It's not game-specific. My preflop and turn line would be correct in many other games; I'm just saying that in this game, there's no reason to deviate from the standard play, which is raising PF and folding the turn.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Results

button mucked...river Ad..check to EP1 who bets , i think for a sec and muck both blinds pay him off with worse queens. Now i wish i had 3 bet the turn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Results

oppss he had a flush [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]