Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 07:47 PM

Default turn decision with 77

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...
Old 01-05-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: turn decision with 77

I estimate you have maybe 6 outs, with the 7's and 6's, discounting them to maybe 3 outs with the 3 flush out there. I probably shouldn't even count the club 6 or 7 in there. You're getting 9.5 to 1, which doesn't seem enough to justify a call based on that. Also, with the button raising on the flop, and the BB betting out on the turn, I'm folding the turn, anticipating a reraise from the button.

Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone, as a newb I'm trying to post my thought process and get some feedback (good or bad).
Old 01-05-2006, 08:46 PM

wow, you have everyone betting on this hand. BB probably hit the flush or a strait...i think i'd let it go UI on the turn.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:52 PM

Preflop and flop are good.

I would fold this turn. Two villains have now shown aggression making it very likely you are behind. If button was raising the flop with a draw, he probably just made it. If he was raising a three, then we are in bad shape anyway. Unless the BB likes to donk at scare cards, you are behind to him. So now let's look at our outs...

I think I would want about 5 outs here to continue given that we aren't closing the action and there is a good chance button raises behind us. We have 4 outs to a full house (sevens and threes) and 4 outs to a straight (sixes). The 6c is almost never good and I am not too comfortable about any other 6. I think our sixes can be reduced to one out. I think our two sevens are almost always good. I think the two threes are almost always good but I am discounting those because the action suggests that there may not be 2 threes left in the deck. I think when all is said and done we have somewhere between 3 and 4 outs making it a close fold.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:09 PM

I don't play 77 in EP. Too risky of getting raised like you did here.

The Button raising you on the flop is dangerous. Not only do you have someone telling you preflop that they have a strong hand, but you have someone now representing either a 3, a flush/straight draw, or even a boat. This is a definite check/fold situation. You don't have enough outs to raise for value and you don't have enough outs to call here.

Turn, hero folds. A flush/straight hit. Button has something big.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:16 AM

raise preflop! well its marginal, but sevens are lucky, so i raise.

fold on the turn unless you think you can river a 7
Old 01-06-2006, 01:41 AM

Fold the turn. That card is definitely not good for use and likey good for at least on of the villians. The low cards on the flop were good for us, but facing 3 others with a board that coordinated I'd fold the 7s on the turn.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:31 AM

I usually get into trouble with these middle and small pairs. I am very cautious playing small pairs from EP. I would fold the turn.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:45 AM

..check call to the river. Dont let a third suited card scare you
Old 01-06-2006, 08:05 AM

Grunching...

I think you're finished with the hand. Even though the pot is big, you certainly don't have the best hand and you're not drawing to a hand that is a sure winner.