Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Snakes on a Plane Trailer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PROUD JACKSON TURNS DOWN 50 CENT FILM ROLE

SAMUEL L JACKSON has turned down the chance to work with one of his movie icons - because it's in a film starring 50 CENT.

The actor has always wanted to work with Irish movie-maker JIM SHERIDAN and was thrilled when he heard he was being targeted for a new film by the IN AMERICA director - and then he realised the role was opposite rapper 50 Cent in his movie debut.

The actor has been extremely vocal about sharing the stage with unproven actors, and felt he had to turn down Sheridan's offer.

He says, "Hollywood people tend to think that because one is successful in one aspect of entertainment they can bring them into this particular world and make a success out of them.

"They ask people like me to be in a film with those people that they are kind of headlining and your name ends up behind them.

"If you do that, it sanctions the fact that these people come into this world and you think they are worthy of you sharing your time on screen with them. I don't particularly think that.

"A month or so ago, someone called me about the 50 Cent movie and I'm like, 'What are you calling me for?' I don't even need to read that because that's not something I want to do.

"I like listening to 50 Cent and I can groove to his music but I don't want to groove to him on screen, just yet. Maybe if he does five movies and he shows some talent.

"I mean how does he get to work with Jim Sheridan and I don't. What is it about 50 Cent that makes Jim Sheridan say, 'I'd really like to make a movie with him.'"

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Man" Box Office Gross - $8,326,035

"Get Rich or Die Tryin" Box Office Gross - $30,981,850

Crybabies go home!

Moral of the story: Everyone shoots an airball from time to time. Sam L. Jackson needs to get off his high horse and realize this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, a 30 million box office is usually a bomb.

There's nothing you're saying that Sam needs to realize that he doesn't know more about than you do. And it's not even relevant to the conversation that he "realize" he will make a movie that isn't a box office smash once in a while. That's a complete derailment of the discussion, and a bizarre one.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:28 AM

Your grasp of argument amuses me. Btw, I find the question, "I mean how does he get to work with Jim Sheridan and I don't. What is it about 50 Cent that makes Jim Sheridan say, 'I'd really like to make a movie with him.'" -- interesting for reasons I suspect are different than yours. In any case, you may need to brace yourself for him continuing to choose movies based on his own criteria.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a better comparison would be between 50's movie and Eminems movie. Same audience demo, similar rags to riches story. 8 mile's box office numbers destroy get rich or die trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm not good at watching movies. I saw 8 Mile, and afterwards I wasn't like "OMG Eminem sucks at acting." I also don't think some actors make others look better. When I saw the Italian Job I wasn't thinking "Ed Norton makes Mos Def a great actor." I just don't think acting is that tough in MOST movies. In the article I posted Sam is trying to come off like acting is just sooooo tough. Maybe if you're in a broadway production. It seems to me the problem Sam had with 50 Cent is the fact that the movie was about 50 Cent.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:57 AM

A friend and I laugh that it's a great gift of nature that we can love or hate a celebrity without justification. We may have a good reason to hate Jackson, a bad reason to hate Clooney, and think that there's something about Pitt that we just don't like.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:54 PM

Snakes on a BUMP

They screen you for guns and they screen you for bombs
They screen you for nail clippers, hammers and thongs
They do everything to make sure you don’t die
But there’s one little thing their equipment can’t spy

[Chorus]:
Snakes on a plane
Snakes on a plane
Snakes on a plane
Sna - - - akes on a plane

A cold-blooded killer with cold-blooded snakes
Is trying to ruin your holiday break
But there’s one little thing that the terrorists missed
That’s when Samuel L. Jackson gets seriously pissed

[Chorus x 2]

[Last line]:
Sna - - - akes on a [censored] plane
Old 04-07-2006, 02:27 AM

I can't believe I missed this thread and only found out about this movie because of newsweek.

BUMP for those who missed it.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poster Collection

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome
Old 04-07-2006, 12:30 PM

"Bomb squad missed them. Particle detection missed them. And the goddamn infrared team missed them. Because the [censored] bastards are cold-blooded."

Best movie line evar.