Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 04:28 AM

Default Re: To the LA regulars

[ QUOTE ]
lapoker can probably remember a big bluff he tried to run at me that i snapped off for like a 15K pot at commerece. i don't remember the details that well but lapoker might.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was something like you raise 66 in mp, he reraises button. flop AJ6r. i think you check called. turn A - maybe you lead out and he raised. river J. so final board is AAJJ6 and there is 7k in the pot. you check, he bets 5k on the river, you call. we don't see his cards - we thought maybe KK? anyway, it was a pretty sick call.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it was something like you raise 66 in mp, he reraises button. flop AJ6r. i think you check called. turn A - maybe you lead out and he raised. river J. so final board is AAJJ6 and there is 7k in the pot. you check, he bets 5k on the river, you call. we don't see his cards - we thought maybe KK? anyway, it was a pretty sick call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that was pretty much it.
although i think it was like 6K to call on the river but who the hell is counting right?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:55 AM

I like RBK's call in that spot. If the "lagtard" in question would have just flat called turn it would have been pretty impossible to call, right? He would have to have exactly AA, JJ or AJ to raise turn basically, since all other aces would most likely flat-call. Although with a laggy image I can imagine people raising turn with AK here as well, even though I don't like it that much generally. I guess he could have reraised with some goofy hand with a J in it and believed it wasn't any good on turn and hence he bluff-raised turn, but if he did that and the J hit river he would definately check behind since he knows you'll never fold an A for 5k, and everything else he's beating. And, since a J hit, both JJ and AJ becomes less likely and you get more inclined to call. I'm not trying to simplify at all, I'm just saying that I like the logic behind the call. Only hands, except quads and AJ I can expect here by villain is an overplayed (on turn) AK.

Just wondering if you made the call based on the fact that he raised turn really, since that's what I'm making of it.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:05 AM

this is interesting analysis, but i would just like to add that the turn action is the only thing i don't completely remember - there is a chance jonas (who is also known to make moves) check raised the turn instead of bet calling it - i just don't remember for sure - maybe he does.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:23 AM

I honestly don't remember the details however I believe I check called on all streets simply because when playing against jay I don't like to show strength unless I'm bluffing because he's more then willing to fire three barrells however he is quick to fold if u play back at him.
I think the biggest reason I called him was because if I remember he had reraised me preflop and he never does that with premimum hands.
he's very predictable that way...he always limps with AA/KK and usually with QQ and he doesn't reraise with hands like AK AQ and AJ.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 AM

thanks for chiming in Jonas. That's what I was hoping to ascertain with my original query, how this guy plays consistently over a longer sample of hands.

I've played at the Commerce and the Bike a few times in my life, but I was grinding out lower stakes at the time.