Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 04:14 PM

Default WPEX client: WTF???

After reading about WPEX I figured I'd give it a go, test out the games, software, etc. After about an hour of play it seems to be the most buggy, unstable, disconnect-happy POS I have ever used in my life. I get a disconnect, error message or crash literally once every 1-2 minutes.

Here are some of the problems I have encountered:

Disconnect after disconnect after disconnect after disconnect!! I haven't even played there for an hour yet and already both my 'free disconnects' have been used along with two more that cost me money. I get disconnects ALL THE TIME when my internet connection is fine (I am playing on two other sites alongside WPEX which are unaffected).

WTF is this?? World's most descriptive error message?? If I have the client open for more than ten minutes I get this error, I can't act at any tables I have open until I 'OK' all instances of it, a new one appears every five seconds or so and THEY [censored] STACK. The only way to stop it happening is to shutdown and restart the client, to give me ten minutes of error-free play before it starts happening again.

Trying to check the cashier gives this message. Cashier screen is not populated with account detail ($ in account, $ in play remains blank).

Trying to check rake generated causes fatal crash.

-----------

Other issues that I couldn't illustrate via screengrab: opening up a new table and it shows no players seated even though I can see in the lobby that there are; clicking on an Open Seat icon innumerable times and just not getting the popup to buyin to the table; managing to actually get the popup to buyin to the table but once seated being unable to opt to post blinds; opening tables that show me as 'Disconnected' for no apparent reason when I am connected, active and playing at others.

As far as I can see from the threads in the Zoo, everyone except me is playing WPEX with no issues (if I've missed people complaining about this, sorry, but I didn't read through the 54279594-page WPEX thread yet). Has anyone else encountered one / some / all of these problems? Why the [censored] is it just me who cannot get any single aspect of the WPEX client to work half right at all??

Before people start pointing the finger I'm not an affiliate trying to convince everyone that WPEX will make your computer melt and your legs explode, I think what they're doing is great and I would love to move my play there, but the client, for me at least, is totally unusable as things stand. I'm using the standard XP, SP2, Athlon + much RAM, multi-monitor setup.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: WPEX client: WTF???

Very weird.

It works just fine for me.

Only problem I had was logging-on today but that got taken care of in just a few minutes.

regarding your thing about seeing all 'open seats' when you know the table is populated.
When I open a table there are 3 or 4 seconds in there where it's just open-seats and THEN I'll see all the players.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very weird.

It works just fine for me.

Only problem I had was logging-on today but that got taken care of in just a few minutes.

regarding your thing about seeing all 'open seats' when you know the table is populated.
When I open a table there are 3 or 4 seconds in there where it's just open-seats and THEN I'll see all the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I figured from yours and others' posts in the Zoo that everything was A-OK for basically everyone else which is what compelled me to post here in frustration. Wrt. the players not appearing at tables issue, yes, there is generally a delay before they appear (if they elect to), but every second or third table I open they just don't seem to pop up at all, and stranger still, it seems table-specific - I can try the same table 4-5 times and get nothing while others work every time. I've tried opening these tables, going away and making a cup of coffee and coming back: nada. This might be a weird extension of the connectivity problems I've been having, I'm not sure.

On the upside I can log in and out with no problems at all!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:26 PM

I just went to have a look at WSEX, and just to let you know the client also crashed on me.

I was only observing the tables: opening one table was fine, but when I tried to open a few at a time I got a lagg spike and then it crashed with an "access violation".

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2006, 01:00 PM

Maybe its a proxy or firewall issue? Anything "strange" about your setup?