Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 09:18 AM

Default Boateng leaving Duke / McRoberts to enter NBA draft

Big blow for Coach K. He loses some decent post players and will have a thin team next season. I think dook will struggle to hover around .500 in the ACC next year. They had their chance this year and it will be some time before they have another #1 seeded NCAA team.

Below is the article on Boateng. Reliable sources are reporting the McRoberts defection.

Duke freshman center Eric Boateng will transfer out of the program, according to a source close to the situation.

The 6-foot-11, 255-pound native of England saw action in 20 games and averaged 0.7 points and 0.6 rebounds in 2.5 minutes per game.
Boateng, who attended St. Andrew's School in Delaware, was a McDonald's All-American who also considered Georgetown and Georgia Tech.

The move is somewhat surprising because there will be playing time available next season with the departure of All-American big man Shelden Williams. Boateng would have likely competed against incoming freshman Brian Zoubek for the starting spot in the middle.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Boateng leaving Duke / McRoberts to enter NBA draft

[ QUOTE ]
Duke freshman center Eric Boateng will transfer out of the program, according to a source close to the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happens when you recruit McDonald's All-Americans and don't play them, even when it's obvious to everyone that your team is wearing out.

-McGee
Old 04-06-2006, 09:42 AM

where does it say mcroberts is leaving?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happens when you recruit McDonald's All-Americans and don't play them, even when it's obvious to everyone that your team is wearing out.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the club. The NBA Senior Club is led by President Darko Milicic.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Below is the article on Boateng. Reliable sources are reporting the McRoberts defection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over/under on when Coach K's back starts acting up again, he has to sit out the season, and then has the losses expunged from his record?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Over/under on when Coach K's back starts acting up again, he has to sit out the season, and then has the losses expunged from his record?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure those odds have been taken off the book. If I HAD to make a market, it'd be, oh... right about now.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor Pete Gaudet ... left high and dry by Coach K and the administration.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:45 PM

I don't watch college ball, but I don't understand the hype around McRoberts. He seems like a pro prospect, but does he have that much upside that a team would take him over Sheldon Williams, who I thought was very underrated from the couple of Duke games I saw. I mean it was clear that he was the best player on the team, despite the JJ hype. I don't follow Duke, so I never heard much about him.

I've heard about McRoberts lately due to some draft boards, and he's projected higher than Sheldon (who is rated about the 6th/7th best PF in some drafts, can that be right?). I figure McRoberts is on track to become a player similar to Sheldon in ability, not someone that much better. Was my sample size too small? Did I miss something about him that makes him so special?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:13 PM

He was the #1 overall recruit (I honestly don't know how), in High School last year. He is actually a pretty good player, and he's only a freshman. Sheldon I don't believe looked nearly as good his freshman year. Drafts are about upside, I guess McRoberts has more upside? They compare him to C-Webb. I'm not sure about that one either. He does pass decently but his athlecism I don't think is close. If he stays, maybe he'll prove why he is a very high projected draft pick, otherwise I'd rather have Tyler over McRoberts on the Heels.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big blow for Coach K. He loses some decent post players and will have a thin team next season. I think dook will struggle to hover around .500 in the ACC next year. They had their chance this year and it will be some time before they have another #1 seeded NCAA team.

The 6-foot-11, 255-pound native of England saw action in 20 games and averaged 0.7 points and 0.6 rebounds in 2.5 minutes per game.
Boateng, who attended St. Andrew's School in Delaware, was a McDonald's All-American who also considered Georgetown and Georgia Tech.

The move is somewhat surprising because there will be playing time available next season with the departure of All-American big man Shelden Williams. Boateng would have likely competed against incoming freshman Brian Zoubek for the starting spot in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

struggle to hover over .500? man you are hilarious sometimes.