Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Advice on limits & sites

Hello all

This is my first post having just read small stakes holdem and finding this forum. I would appreciate your views as to what the most profitable limits to play on and the better sites to do this?.

Ive been playing for just over a month now so still have a lot to learn i play on pacific mainly on the 5c 10c tables and show a small profit. I have a starting bankroll of roughly $100 - $150.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-05-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Advice on limits & sites

Take your bankroll and divide it by 300. In your case, that would be $150/300 = $0.50

That is the largest limit (in terms of big bets) you should play according to the "300 Big Bet Rule."

However, use caution because this assumes you are a winning player at that limit, which you may not be.

My suggestion would be to try out an account at Party Poker at the 13cent/30cent and the 25cent/50cent tables. But you may only be able to play at these tables for the first 45 days of your account. After that you may have to move up to $0.5/$1.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:32 PM

I'm not gonna waste your time with my garbage but here's 3 threads that are good for the beginer, written by people much better than I.

Q-Tips "For The New Aspiring Player

Wookie's "Full Ring Baby Steps"

Wookie's "Building a BR in the micros V2.0"

All have good advice the last link probably the most relevant to your question.

My vote for a 150 BR (Stars .25/.50)

Ohhh and welcome to the forums.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:54 PM

I started on Pacific 5/10 and gradually moved to 25/50. I would play for maybe just 10 hands and stop. I did this for a few sessions until I realized I wasn't going to lose my whole bankroll - most of those players were rookies too. I like Pacific, lots of fish. I also recommend Poker Tracker as a good way to learn and appreciate the value of tightening up your game. Good luck.